One Acre Fund
Years of experience:
One Acre Fund
12 Jan 2020
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are looking for someone to help lead the Office of the CEO, comprised of 1-2 analysts and 1-2 managers. The Office of the CEO reflects the voice of and executes on behalf of the Executive Director. As One Acre Fund grows, our Executive Director is focused on an increasingly diverse set of priorities, from communicating with external partners to marshaling resources for new internal programs. Managers in this office will lead a varied portfolio of projects, linked by a common theme of improving our CEOs efficacy.
- Lead major initiatives and fill in critical gaps in the organization: The Manager in the Office of the CEO will directly implement the priorities of the Executive Director. This could be through project work, such as improving retention by analyzing data to identify issues, propose solutions, and implement the solutions with a diverse team. It could also come in the form of operational secondments, such as managing an important department during a time of transition to ensure the CEOs voice is reflected in departmental priorities.
- Executive-level communications and research: We believe well-crafted communication of our strategy is essential to One Acre Funds success. The Office of the CEO will reflect the voice of our Executive Director in communications with the most important influencers in the sector and internal audiences through pitch decks, strategy sharing, employee engagement, and more. The communications may also require fast analyses and research, like conducting a market sizing of smallholder farmers in East Africa.
- Team leadership: The Manager in the Office of the CEO will help ensure the professional development and high-quality project work of the Analysts in the Office of the CEO. This will include serving as the bridge between the Executive Director and the Analysts, scoping projects, checking in weekly with Analysts to guide their work, and conducting bi-annual professional development reviews.
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. Youll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. The Manager in the Office of the CEO will likely report directly to the CEO.
We are looking for professionals with 5+ years of work experience. We are looking for extraordinary candidates to help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. This is a career-track role, with a two-year minimum. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Experience in strategic and consulting contexts, e.g. working with C-suite leaders, change management, or long-term planning.
- Ability to roll up ones sleeves and directly move projects forward, as opposed to solely making recommendations or presentations.
- Experience managing team performance and developing leaders; experience in remote management a plus
- Exceptional written communicator. We are looking for clear communicators who have an ability to engage a range of audiences, including internal staff, external partners, and organizational leadership.
- Research ability. You have experience conducting powerful secondary research.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate leaders with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Language: English.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda preferred; other locations East Africa possible for candidates with existing passport/work authorization in that location
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
Yes, in Kigali, Rwanda only. East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.