INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Maiduguri (With frequent field visits in Bama, Banki, Monguno, Dikwa, Damasak and Ngala)
Starting Date: 01/02/2020
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Head of Base (hierarchically) and Logistics Coordinator (functionally)
Supervision of: 6 national staff
General purpose of the position
- The WH (warehouse) Manager will be in charge of the overall country warehouse management (Common Warehouse and INTERSOS warehouse) in accordance with INTERSOS country policies and Logistics Sector guidelines.
- The WH Manager is responsible for all the WH operations of the INTERSOS Nigeria Mission in Borno state, including: the provision of secondary transportation services, the careful and frequent recording of movements and changes. The WH Manager will work closely with programme and administrative staff to ensure comprehensive reporting, support and assistance to all INTERSOS activities. In addition, the WH Manager is responsible for managing the RITA software.
- The WH Manager shall supervise the national WH In Charge and ensure they coordinate effectively the WH officers and the WH Assistants.
Main responsibilities and tasks
To deliver the warehouse management activities according with the mission requests in an efficient way (timing and financial) and sharing the information with the other stakeholders (PMs, Administration, Logistics Coordinator, Head of Mission / Base and the Logistics Sector);
- Guarantees the management and monitoring of the mission’s stock, according to INTERSOS procedures and tools. S/She ensures that these procedures are known and implemented on all the mission’s bases;
- Supervises the Common Warehouses in Banki, Ngala and Bama including food warehouses in Ngala, Banki, Damasak and Maiduguri area (and any other warehouses that could be opened in the following months);
- Ensures that stocking sites are appropriate to the mission’s needs and that merchandise is stocked appropriately in terms of location, layout and hygienic conditions;
- Supervises fluxes of merchandise, makes sure that the goods received are conform, and recorded. S/he is attentive to the use-by-date of products, if need be;
- Ensures quality warehouses management making sure that all the movement of goods are documented and shared with WFP / other donors all waybills;
- Ensures the movement/transfer of documents is properly referenced;
- Checks stock reports on a monthly basis and perform physical inventories.
- Monthly materials stocking, inventory registry and reporting,
- Fuel Management at Common Warehouses;
- Manage Cargo shipment;
- Support his team on Casual Worker management (up/off-loading);
- Manage Truck shipment;
- Transportation Coordination and Optimization;
- Log Cluster Focal Point (food & non-food item coordination forum).
- Warehouse maintenance (water, sewage, fence, power generator, solar system including inside common warehouses offices);
- Fuel management at warehouses;
- Ensure Equipment – Laptop, Phone, Thuraya, VHF etc. (reparation management, stocking, inventory registry);
- Networking monitoring at warehouses (router devices, Wi-Fi password).
- Supervise Common Warehouse & Food Warehouse staff in all the field bases involved;
- Handover management (Data backup, email folder backup) of warehouses staff;
- Production of Standard Operating Procedures for all most important Warehouse & Supply Chain domains.
Budget management and Reporting:
- Manage the budget of the WFP projects according to INTERSOS guidelines and ensure the submission of reports according to donor’s requirements
- To perform any other work-related duties if applicable.
- Advanced university degree or similar academic field (a first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree) is required.
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in the capacity as Logistician / Supply Chain /Warehousing and humanitarian field in countries outside of his/ her residence, with at least one (1) years as senior management level, is required.
- At least two (2) years of working in potentially insecure environment as expatriate staffs, with proven experience of security management, is required.
- Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills.
- Proven experience of managing number of staffs with cultural diversity, with experience of local recruitment and remote management
- Good knowledge of WFP warehouse guidelines (desirable)
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint or other presentation software, Outlook and Skype)
- Excellent organizational skills in highly complex emergency operation
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Excellent ability to establish interpersonal relations and good negotiation skills
- Proficient working knowledge of English
- Responsive, motivated, good communicator flexibility to respond to changing nature of humanitarian context and operational difficulties.
- Ability to communicate openly and maintain good relationship within the team, government and other local authorities, donor, and other stakeholders.
- Willingness to take responsibility.
- Ability to cope with stress and live in environment with very basic living condition. Incumbent may be deployed to field location without internet and no diversity of food available.
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS.
- Job City Borno State