Uganda Evergreening Initiative Team Leader
Years of experience:
27 Dec 2019
Job Title: Sr. Program Manager – Evergreening Initiative Team Leader
Reports to: Head of Programs
Internal Title: Sr. Program Manager
Department: East Africa Region
Job Type: Full-Time
You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Land Restoration Initiative, a constellation of projects under the Global Evergreening Alliance (GEA). CRS in Uganda serves as the lead agency for the GEA, and the Evergreening Initiative Program Director will manage the large and complex projects that are part of the initiative, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its Evergreening Initiative programming.
* Master’s Degree in International Development, Agriculture, Natural Resource Management or similar required. Additional relevant experience may substitute for some education.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing large scale development grants required, with preferably focusing in the area of Landscape Management and Restauration, Climate Smart Agriculture or Evergreening Initiative.
* Experience in managing complex projects preferably with an international NGO.
Required Languages – English
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% in Uganda.
* Good experience in project grants management, including project design and sub-grant management, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including EU and large private foundations.
* Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals.
* Experience engaging with partner organizations
* MEAL skills and experience required, ICT4D skills and especially GIS mapping a plus.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to creating a collaborative learning environment.
* Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.