Posted on : November 21, 2019 Application deadline : November 30, 2019
Technician, HVAC with Facilities Management under the Support Services (Adv#273/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information – icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Technician, HVAC with Facilities Management under the Support Services. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 2 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station Dhaka
No. of vacancy 3 posts
Salary Annual Tk. 354,190/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Repair, install and maintain of HVAC plant, Chiller and all other associated equipment with the objective of efficient functioning of icddr,b HVAC system maintaining quality of output of the equipment within the guidelines of the Facilities Management Services and organizational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework – IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- HVAC Operation & Maintenance works: Work with supervisor to maintain uninterrupted operation of the HVAC plant/equipment; Adopt preventative measures and perform periodical maintenance of HVAC plant/equipment as per schedule; Clean and maintain the HVAC equipments such as AHU, FCU,FAN,PUMP, CHILLER, CHEMICAL dosing system and other related all kinds of goods and associated accessories periodically; Repair the HVAC equipments operating in different places.
- Electrical Works: Perform electrical works of HVAC plant and other assigned areas; Carry out electrical wiring of HVAC plant; Understand the functions of other related electrical equipments; Maintain up-to-date knowledge on electrical power distribution from DB board; Perform electrical connection related functions of 03 phases power line in different motors.
- Coordination and Reporting: Submit the activities report to the supervisor on daily/weekly/month basis; Create and submit regular maintenance report to the Supervisor; Participate as a team member and lead the team for any kind of electrical works; Coordinate the installation of new equipment by the vendor; Receive training from the vendor on how to maintain the new equipment, if required; Calibrate and test the new equipment after installation in order to apprise supervisor of activities completed.
Education and relevant experience:
- SSC with trade course in Electrical / Air Conditioning
- 03 years experience on HVAC plant operation & maintenance.
- Chiller operation & maintenance
- HVAC Troubleshooting & servicing
- Electro – Mechanical Equipment of HVAC system
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by November 30, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.