Chemonics International seeks a West Africa Technical Lead for the anticipated USAID-funded Empower West Africa Activity (EWA). The purpose of the Activity, under the Power Africa initiative, is to increase the availability of and access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and clean energy in West Africa in order to reach measurable economic growth, development outcomes such as reducing poverty, improving livelihoods, and increasing inclusive access to electricity enabled services in such areas as health, education, sanitation and food security. The West Africa Technical Lead will provide technical leadership and guidance across a wide range of program objectives in Western Africa. The Technical Lead will develop and review technical deliverables from EWA’s work in the region, ensuring high quality and technical relevance. The position will support the Chief of Party (COP) and Senior Technical Advisor and provide technical advisory support to all elements of program implementation across the target countries. He/she will perform both an internal leadership and mentorship role and externally facing role with key stakeholders across the energy and private sector. He/she will guide the EWA technical team in identifying and prioritizing country-specific activities and will regularly liaise with the Power Africa Coordinator’s office and other USAID Missions and offices. This position will be based in West Africa. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide technical leadership in the delivery of expected results in the West Africa region
- Manage, supervise, and coordinate technical services and prioritize the activities in the West Africa region
- Provide thought leadership and technical support as needed to accelerate a support activity
- Regularly liaise with the USAID missions in West Africa, Power Africa Coordinator’s office and other USG agencies, as appropriate
- Maintain strong relationships with relevant regional organizations and with private sector companies and host country governments
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum seven (5) years of experience implementing energy programs
- Experience implementing development activities in West Africa, and/or in a similar context
- Oral and written proficiency in French and English required
How to apply
Please apply by using this link . Applications must be submitted by December 5, 2023. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information:
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually.