Job no: 528324
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Department/Office: Supply Division, COPENHAGEN
Technical Associate (GS-6 level)
Medicines & Nutrition Centre, UNICEF Supply Division
Temporary assignment until 31 August 2020
Would you like to be part of the dynamic team who manage the nutrition and medicines product supply for children of the world most in need? UNICEF Supply division Copenhagen is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist with the quality assessment of strategic nutrition products that are distributed globally.
UNICEF is committed to scaling up and sustaining coverage of its current high-impact nutrition interventions in the program areas of: (1) Infant and Young Child Feeding; (2) Micronutrients; (3) Nutrition Security in Emergencies; and (4) Nutrition and HIV/AIDS. The role includes involvement in all aspects of nutrition product management. Your eye for detail and skills in communication, data analysis and ability to work methodically while managing competing priorities will be put to use for children most in need.
For Every Child…a Sustainable Future
This Technical Associate GS-6 position is to fill a maternity cover until 31 August 2020 and is located in the Technical Unit within the Medicines & Nutrition Centre. The core function of the Technical Unit is to ensure that medicines and nutrition products procured and supplied by UNICEF are safe, fit-for-purpose and meet the required quality standards. The key role of the Technical Associate is to research, compile, organize and analyze technical information as well as manage and maintain all aspects of technical documents and products. You will be working in a collaborative team environment to support technical specialists in translating program product needs into procurement specifications, developing product technical requirements, assessing product dossiers during public tenders and evaluating product samples, among others.
How Can You Make a Difference?
In collaboration with the Technical Specialist, the Technical Associate establishes technical standards and guidelines for key commodities purchased by UNICEF. Key responsibilities are:
- Reviews the technical documentation provided by suppliers in response to unit bidding activities, prepares a Technical Evaluation Summary report for approval by the Technical Specialist.
- Conducts sample evaluation as part of the technical evaluation process if necessary.
- Drafts, prepares and finalizes product specifications for UNICEF Supply Division’s nutrition products on basis of existing documentation, directives and customer requirements. Translates specifications with expert help if necessary. Communicates with country offices and suppliers to obtain all necessary clarifications. Assists countries on technical related matters and seeks expert advice when required.
- Drafts product technical cards for Supply Catalogue database and ensures that all product specifications are kept up to date in the material master. Proposes creations and amendments to materials within the range of commodities under their responsibility directly in the material master database.
- Co-ordinates the review and checking procedure of all product related information with the relevant stakeholders in order for technical cards (in an SAP system) and technical bulletins are ready for publications.
- Maintains technical aspects of the qualified suppliers’ profile. Prepares lists of potential pre-qualified suppliers for requisitions, issue score cards and forwards it to the Contracting function for purchasing action.
- Contributes to technical advice on nutrition related products for children and women in reproductive phase
- Assists in monitoring product performance, technical suitability appropriateness and durability on basis of information collected from country offices. Investigates deviations in supply agreements in partnership with Quality Assurance Centre and Customer Services and Field Support Centre (CSFS).
- Assists in research and cataloguing of new products. Keeps abreast of program requirements and prepares technical bulletins for publication. Update the intranet page with technical requirements (technical provisions; guidance notes; catalogue reference and photos, status of innovation projects).
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and attending to all routine work in his/her absence
To qualify as a Champion for every Child you will have…
Completion of secondary education.
At least 6 years of relevant experience working with technical/quality aspects of food for special medical purpose (FSMP), nutritional medicines and/or other health products.
Proficiency in Word and Excel
Fluency in English.
University level courses in food technology, nutrition or other life sciences.
Very good knowledge of special medical purpose (FSMP) and nutritional pharmaceutical products.
Knowledge of procurement practices.
Proficiency in SAP/Vision.
Proficiency in Power Point
Proficiency in additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. In addition, the following functional competencies will be required for these positions:
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions & Procedures
The closing date is 17 December 2019. Kindly note that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. Kindly also note that diversity and gender balance are factors in the selection process. Queries can be directed to Lilia Winkel-Petersen at [email protected]
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/
Advertised: Dec 03 2019 Romance Standard Time
Application close: Dec 17 2019 Romance Standard Time
Back to list Refer a friend
Send me jobs like these
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
Oops! Please check your email for errors!
Subscribe Recaptcha Privacy agreement
Closes Dec 17 2019
Technical Associate, GS-6, TA, Medicines & Nutrition Centre, Supply Division, Cph in Denmark
UNICEF is looking for a Technical Associate to work with working with technical/quality aspects of food for special medical purpose, nutritional medicines and other health products.
Powered by PageUp
Full site © 2019 unicef