“UNDP is the UN’s global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in about 170 countries and territories, including Indonesia, working to eradicate poverty while protecting the planet. UNDP supports implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In Indonesia, UNDP works with the Government to integrate SDGs into national plan and policies.”
The Government of Indonesia (GoI) has committed to address climate change including risks and vulnerabilities that could have implications to the national development agendas. Up to now, GoI has enacted several climate change policies, i.e RAN-GRK, RAN-API, and NDC. To finance the climate change actions, the government has to ensure that it not only has adequate funding but also to track and monitor the results of the programmes it implements. In addition to addressing the direct challenge of climate change, the GoI also needs to overcome the differential impact of climate change on gender and poverty.
To address those needs, the MoF through the Fiscal Policy Agency (BKF) worked together with the UNDP within the framework of Sustainable Development Financing (SDF) Phase 2 project. The project aims to restructure Indonesia’s development planning and budget making processes to a more integrated approach when tackling climate change by promoting gender equality, transparency, and participation-based principles and standards as well as poverty reduction. The implementation of SDF Phase 2 will utilize partnerships with Government counterparts and Civil Society Organizations to collaborate for effective and efficient results. The project has three main outputs:
The SDF Phase 2 is a project under the UNDP CO’s Innovative Financing Lab (IFL), a dynamic platform with multi-sectorial partnership delivering new models of financing towards SDGs. To support the project, the Technical Associate for Public Climate Finance is established to provide effective and efficient support to the overall effort of UNDP IFL and the SDF Phase 2 project through improvement of system, tools and mechanisms for policy and strategy planning, reporting, monitoring, analysis and evaluation.
Under the supervision of the Technical Advisor for Development Finance, the Technical Associate provides programme support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work in relation to public climate finance activities. The Technical Associate for Public Climate Finance works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in the CO and UNDP BRH as required to exchange information and support programme delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
1. Support the project team to ensure effective project planning and implementation focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the Technical Advisor for Development Finance in overall general coordination and evaluation of project implementation and promoting gender equality outcome / output clearly reflected in the programme;
- Analysis, researches, summary and presentation of basic information/data on specific project and related topics;
- Design , development and implementation of baseline surveys in SDF and IFL;
- Data collection and information gathering to support ongoing and proposed research, and policy/strategy development;
- Updated presentation, visualization and communication strategy for the data and statistics in the flagship reports.
2. Support to the effective reporting on progress of project implementation
- Preparation of results oriented progress reports, in line with the monitoring and reporting guidelines and presents it to the project assurance team on a timely manner;
- Preparation of data for monitoring of projects ; categorization, updating, tracking and analysing data related to projects;
- Effective support to the relevant stakeholders to provide necessary inputs for the reporting required;
- Effective contribution to programme/project’s reports and related products on SDGs;
3. Provides administrative support to the Project team focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintain database of project, ensuring proper archivng of report of each component;
- Provide draft of TORs and minute of meetings;
- Effective support for meetings/workshops/trainings as necessary.
- Effective support for documentations and draft reports from discussions or meetings/workshops organized by project
4. Support strategic partnerships, communication and support to the implementation of resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results
- Maintain good flow of communication and information between the project, the Ministry of Finance, OJK, and other relevant stakeholders
- Update database of the relevant public and development partners private sector, civil society and other stakeholders who are counterparts for the project;
- Synthesized data and trends research to develop strategic insights to inform the development of project implementation, external communications and public Effective support on partnerships and stakeholder engagement in support of project implementation
- Finalization and publication of multiple languages report as a tool to communicate results, deepen stakeholder knowledge and buy-in to the project, and resource mobilization for the project, in coordination with UNDP’s Communication unit and other relevant counterpart communications department drafts project summaries, coordinates with editor, translation services, etc. on Public Climate Finance
5. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Effective documentation of evidence of applied knowledge services delivered to UNDP colleagues and Government partners through research packages and concepts;
- Established and maintain documentation of workshops and seminars delivered in support of Lab’s concepts, Government counterparts and UNDP colleagues;
- Support in enhancing the activity of SDF and IFL, and promotion of the Public Climate Finance among UNDP staff more broadly;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Promotes knowledge management on gender equality issues
6. The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behaviour including gender discrimination and ensure that
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations includings including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in the sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Promoting gender equality
- Informed and transparent decision making
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Maintains databases of donor information
- Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Responds positively to new approaches
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of Learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
Bachelor degree in in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business,Sciences, Public Administration, Development, Environment, Engineering or other relevant fields of study.
Minimum 4 years of professional experience, preferably in the field of development for candidates with Bachelor Degree and 6 years for candidates with Diploma Degree
- Fluency in written and spoken English is an absolute necessity;
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages would be an asset.
- Demonstrated familiarity with UN development projects in Indonesia.
- Good network with related key stakeholders on finance and environment would be desirable.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Full time availability for project management support duties is essential.
- Familiar with Government and UN/UNDP procedures would be desirable
- Up-to-date computer skills required, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Experience in handling of web based management systems would be preferable.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply . All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.
Contract Duration: Initially 1 year with possible extension