UNICEF GSSC Budapest
Talent Group for Finance Assistants, GS-5, UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, Hungary
Job no: 521309
Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
Location: Hungary Division/Equivalent: Operations
School/Unit: Global Shared Services Centre
Department/Office: Finance Section, GSSC
Categories: Finance and Administration, Support: Operations, G-5, Operations and Business Management
For every child, a calling.
We are committed, passionate, and proud of what we do. Promoting the rights of every child is not a job, it’s a calling.
UNICEF’s Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) provides services to UNICEF offices across the world in the areas of Finance, Master Data Management, Human Resources Administration, Payroll, and Customer Care (IT Global Help Desk).
Our mission is to be a centre of excellence for the global delivery of efficient services within a culture of customer service, continuous business improvement, knowledge-sharing and innovation to support the effective achievement of UNICEF’s programme results worldwide. âÂ€Â‹
At the GSSC, a global career is built on strong foundations of our core values accompanied by continuous learning and professional development for our staff to become committed international civil servants.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF is seeking qualified candidates for our roster of Finance Assistants at the GS-5 level in the Global Shared Services Centre in Budapest, Hungary.
Finance Assistants provide support in the areas of Payments, General Accounting, Invoice Processing, Quality Assurance and Master Data Management. Finance Assistants are responsible for parking and processing various documents. These roles are responsible for transactional data entry into electronic systems for verification. The area of Quality Assurance focuses on reviews over transaction processing, ensuring compliance with SOPs, and detective control analysis and verification procedures.
These roles are ideal for early career professionals who wish to gain international exposure to a progressive expanding Centre of Excellence. Successful applicants will participate in a thorough technical assessment. These roles are office-based.
As an advocate for every child, you will haveÂ…
- Completion of secondary education (high school diploma)
- 5 years of relevant work experience in administration and finance are required. A completed university degree from an accredited institution will be counted toward the minimum work experience requirements.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of Products (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive communication and information
- Strong focus on accuracy and consistency, with strong analytical, data extraction, reporting skills and logical thinking.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is a strong asset.
- Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services is desirable.
- University level courses in finance, accounting or business are desirable.
- Non-EU citizens are required to be in possession of a valid work permit (not related to an employer) for Hungary. Please attach this to your application.
Please note that General Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements. UNICEF does not facilitate MFA accreditation for locally recruited staff.
For every Child, you demonstrateÂ…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Interested in discussing career opportunities with recruiters in UNICEF’s GSSC in Budapest?
UNICEF GSSC will be hosting an online career fair on 18 September from 10:00 to 16:00 CEST.
This online event will provide an opportunity for candidates to hold discussions with recruiters on career opportunities with UNICEF in Budapest.
The event will focus on roles in the areas of Finance, IT, Human Resources and Payroll and is ideal for early career professionals in the EU who are interested in gaining experience in a growing center of excellence in an international environment.
For more information and to register for the event, please visit: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/unicef/e/4L1r5
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
Advertised: Apr 10 2019 Central Europe Daylight Time Application close: Jan 09 2020 Central Europe Standard Time