The job holder’s role would be to assist in building and maintaining a strong procurement & planning process for an ambitious African focused company.
- Manage a logistics planning and Procurement Team – ensuring the team is properly structured, motivated and performing.
- Deliver growth, ensuring pro-active turn around plans leveraging the power of the marketplace, bringing direction, feedback, and support to the whole team & stakeholders .
- Build and continuously improve on demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation by reviewing historical sales trends, to evaluate forecast results.
- Develop Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Maintaining warehousing, and distributing operations by planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of inventories
- Risk Management: Develop risk mitigation strategy through close monitoring of the market environment to minimize price risk/ capture opportunity
- Budget Management: Input and hold responsibility for Purchasing and cost estimating budgets-prepare the quarterly Purchasing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with customer and legal requirements.
- Management: Continue to develop new suppliers while maintaining a strong partnership & network to ensure continuous supply at the most efficient cost while driving quality improvements to support innovative new product
- Leadership: As a strong leader, establish clear and measurable objectives for the supply chain team and ensure they achieve the company and team’s short-term and long-term goals both financially and operational including achieving savings, managing contract implementation, and tracking impact.
- Stakeholder Management: Internal stakeholder engagement remains key to understanding and meeting the organization’s needs. As a key representative for the company to engage with suppliers and external stakeholders affecting company purchasing strategies
- People Management & Development: Create an winning culture with collaboration across functional teams and significant stakeholders. Oversee the attraction of top talent to work within the commercial department, while developing and retaining talent.
Skills and Qualifications
- A relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering, supply chain degree is preferred
- At least 7 years’ experience in a similar role within the FMCG or fresh produce industry-at least 3 years in senior management.
- Proven experience in using analyses to solve problems.
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse
- Familiar with warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and OKRs