Snr Manager, Internal Audit Africa Region
Years of experience:
17 Jan 2020
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) conducts healthcare development projects for US government donors, other public donors and private sector organizations in nearly 40 countries. The Snr Manager, Internal Audit Africa Region is responsible for planning, conducting, and reporting results of internal audits, investigations, reviews of internal controls and compliance, and spot-checks for MSH projects in the Africa region and other locations as required.
The position is responsible for the management of verification of internal controls and compliance reviews, and investigations conducted by Compliance Officers in MSH projects. The position works with MSH staff globally in the field offices to conduct audits, investigations, spot-checks, and in an advisory/consulting capacity; and requires a high degree of integrity, autonomy, and trust.
The scope of internal audits to be performed include:
- Financial and performance audits
- Internal investigations
- Testing internal controls
- Testing compliance with contracts, grants, agreements, laws, regulations, and MSH policies and procedures
- Determining whether financial transactions have been accurately recorded in accounting records, and
- Performing procedures to detect possible fraudulent acts.
All Internal Audits are to be conducted in compliance with MSH’s Internal Audit Practices & Procedures, and the Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (ISPPIA). The majority of audits will be conducted in MSH field offices and extensive travel is required.
The Snr Manager, Internal Audit closely coordinates and collaborates with the Regional Finance & Operations Director and team to conduct further audits, investigations, review controls and processes; and submit reports to Management.
S/he prepares monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual summary reports which are reviewed and submitted by the Director of Internal Audit to MSH Audit Committee and the Executive Team. S/he is responsible for the review and preparation of updates of internal audit programs and processes, including but not limited to the design and implementation of various tools to conduct internal audits, investigation, compliance reviews and spot-checks.
The Snr Manager, Internal Audit manages MSH compliance audits and the work conducted by field Compliance Officers. S/he is responsible for the supervision of field Compliance Officers and is required to provide coaching, mentoring, training, and capacity building activities to ensure that the team remains up-to-date with policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate degree in Auditing, Finance or Accounting or equivalent education.
- Professional certification(s), such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, and Certified Fraud Examiner.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience in an audit role, six (6) in a senior capacity.
- Ten (10) years of progressive responsible experience is preferred.
- Experience with US foreign assistance programs and applicable donor regulations, preferably USAID.
- Experience in more than one African country conducting internal audits.
- Ability to manage staff both in-country and remotely.
- Excellent English and French language skills, written and verbal, required.
- Superior time management skills and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing in English and French.
- Experienced traveler and working in developing countries.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining high connectivity with remote team and supervisor.
- Strong emotional intelligence with an ability to work well and be respectful of various cultures and office environments.
- Experienced working and communicating with senior executives.
- Experienced in investigation planning, execution, and documentation. Clear, concise, and complete report writing in English and French.
- All applications MUST be in English. Fluent professional level English is required.