Years of experience:
05 Dec 2019
AVSI Foundation will start executing Cash for Work project funded by GIZ under the Syrian response programs in Zarqa Governorate in Jordan. The project focuses on the improvement of green infrastructure/public open space in Zarqa through participatory design approach and implementation process. The works are implemented with the participation and support of semi-skilled and unskilled vulnerable cash workers. The direct beneficiaries of the project are mainly Jordanians and Syrians, men and women.
JOB TITLE: Site Engineer
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE : 3 years of experience minimum
PROJECT: Improvement of Green Infrastructure in Jordan through Labor-Intensive Measures
REGION: Janaa park, Zarqa ( works in Janaa park and other locations in Zarqa )
STARTING DATE: 01.01.2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 05.12.2019
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Project-based contract
PERIOD: 5 months (1 month probation period)
SCHEDULE: Full time
MAIN OBJECTIVE :
The Site Engineer will be responsible for the supervision of the construction works in Janaa park and other locations in Zarqa including quality and quantities supervision and management of the workers. The works will be executed through a cash for work approach.
Main RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Management of the workers in the site (supervision of the attendance, distribution of tasks between the workers, etc)
- Technical quality supervision of the construction works (cash workers and suppliers works)
- Preparing and managing project work plan, budget forecasts
- Preparing procurement orders for materials and tools always respecting the organization procedures.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure adherence to AVSI policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Ensure proper filing of documents in the site
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Liaise with the Engineering department of Zarqa municipality in order to comply with the local standards for the rehabilitation of public spaces.
- Support the PC and PM in the preparation of the monthly technical report to the Donor.
- Perform any other duties as requested by immediate supervisor.
REPORTING TO: Project Manager and Project Coordinator
STUDIES REQUIREMENTS :
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture or any other related field in construction supervision.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
- Strong experience in construction works.
- Previous experience in cash for work or community-based works is an asset.
- Knowledge in site organization and operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English language.
- Good knowledge of the local context in Zarqa.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Reporting skills.
- Auto-Cad user.