Senior Project Assistant
Years of experience:
07 Dec 2019
Overview of position
The IOM Somalia team is implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in coordinating the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) cluster to improve the coordination, delivery and monitoring of humanitarian services to vulnerable populations living in communal settings.
Under the overall supervision of the direct supervision of the CCCM Programme Officer and the overall supervision of the Programme Manager, CCCM/DTM, the successful candidate will be responsible for IOM’s Site Management operations as part of the wider CCCM programming, ensuring that activities implemented are in line with the CCCM Global Cluster policies and strategies.
Liaison between site authorities and all humanitarian actors and service providers working in the displacement site;
Support the establishment and maintenance of effective intra-site coordination mechanisms and facilitate participation in inter-site coordination activities.
Support the establishment of site governance and community participation/mobilization mechanisms within sites, with particular emphasis on women’s decision-making role, persons with specific needs, youth and minority groups.
Participate in site design and site development in coordination with relevant actors;
Promote accountability of humanitarian actors to the sites population; set up information desks and complaints and feedbacks mechanisms where possible.
engage in discussion on transitional or durable solutions with all stakeholders; actively engage local authorities;
Provide basic site management support to community leaders including women, minority groups, and persons with specific needs embedded in leadership structures.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
· Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way