Ngerulmud, Republic of Palau
ADB – Asian Development Bank in Ngerulmud
Reference Number: 190522
Position Level: AS 5
Department: Pacific Department
Division: Office of the Director General, PARD
Location: Palau Pacific Country Office
Date Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2019
Closing Date: Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions.
Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
This is a special fixed-term appointment for a period of three (3) years. The duration may be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period at the option of Asian Development Bank (ADB), if the position continues to be required. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the original or extended term.This appointment is open to internal and external applicants. If the successful candidate is an ADB staff member holding a regular appointment, his/her regular appointment will be converted to a special fixed-term appointment.OverviewAsian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030. ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.The position is assigned in the Palau Pacific Country Office (PCO) within the Pacific Department (PARD). PCOs support PARD in managing its relationships with clients; in planning, processing, and implementing ADB’s projects and programs; and in building capacities and sharing knowledge in Palau (PAL).To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.Job PurposeThe Senior Operations Assistant provides support for maintaining client relationships, for delivering assistance operations, and for office administration in the PCO. He/She supports the management of relations with external and internal clients, and consultations with external partners and relevant ADB departments. He/She assists on financial, budgetary, and administrative functions of the Pacific Country Office. He/She provides assistance to teams and missions involved in ADB’s assistance programs, particularly on project processing and administration. The Senior Operations Assistant reports to the designated Senior National Staff.Responsibilities
- Liaises closely with Executing Agencies and other relevant government offices to facilitate mission clearances and other development partner coordination activities.
- Provides logistical support to ADB missions and project consultant visits.
- Provides support on the financial, budgetary, and administrative functions of the Pacific Country Office and responds to requests from ADB regional offices or ADB headquarters on these matters.
- Assists in programming, processing and implementation of various ADB assistance.
- Assists in portfolio management including undertaking data collection on portfolio in various sectors, and preparation of background papers for Country Portfolio Review Mission
- Monitors and reports on ADB’s operations.
- Prepares and submit reports on the status and activities of the office.
- Organizes and maintains office files, records and documents related to administration of the Pacific Country Office and ADB assistance.
- Provides support to project implementation teams in administration of loan/TA projects; assists in monitoring physical progress in projects/TA implementation, procurement/contract awards and withdrawal application processing; following up submission of project reports, financial statements, etc.
- Maintaining related documents, records and files for delegated projects; maintaining computer-based information system for project administration matters.
- Interacts with Executing Agencies, development partners, consultants and ADB staff to keep abreast of project/program issues and development concerns.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, finance, engineering or related fields, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the public sector or in organizations that interact regularly with local or national government
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS5.General ConsiderationsThe selected candidate is appointed for a special fixed term appointment of 3 years.ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to national and residents of Palau.ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply. Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.