Senior Health Officer
30 Nov 2019
Position: Senior Health Officer
Job Location: Gaziantep
Reporting to: Senior Health Adviser Manager
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Key relationships: Advisory Dept. team and other officers of Turkey Office Departments.
General objective of the position:
The Senior Health Officer is responsible for Works with advisory department colleagues to ensure that the team provides effective, efficient and relevant technical inputs, recommendations and support.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
· Develop and implement SAMS’ quality assurance guidelines, testing methodologies and supporting tools.
· Review requirements to provide feedback on completeness, testability and risk areas that could affect service quality.
· Ensure service recipients and career feedback are collected and used to drive quality improvements for service providers.
· Manage day-to-day relationships with services providers in SAMS facilities including reviewing the quality of services delivered and making recommendations for improvements.
· Work closely with projects and other departments to ensure quality of processes and procedures.
· Educate team members across the organization regarding the quality function and their role in ensuring quality standards are met (one team: unified overall objectives)
· Participate in writing of health proposals from technical perspective (NA, LF, HR …).
· Collaborate with IM department in obtaining statistical data, arrange, organize them in standard forms and analyze them to enhance the quality of services.
· Representing SAMS in developing and revisiting of HC technical standards/packages.
· Coordinate with projects/training officer for the ongoing capacity building of the medical staff by developing required ToRs, implementing technical spot checks (as possible) and give the feedback and recommendations.
· Representing SAMS in HC meetings and different TWGs.
· Other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
· Promote and model a positive, professional and respectful office culture.
· Initiate team building initiatives.
· Ensure effective and positive transition for exiting employees.
· Ensure effective internal communications.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
Ø Educated to degree level in health sciences (MD diploma, Dentist or Pharmacist). Master’s degree in a relevant field is desirable.
Ø Minimum 3 years’ experience in advising over programs in humanitarian contexts.
Ø Proven ability to build networks with diverse colleagues and partners in pursuit of common goals.
Ø Proven ability to think technically, to analyze complex information and offer creative, practical and high-impact solutions
Ø ability to distil large amounts of information for a variety of internal and external audiences
Ø An ability to work flexibly in a team, and to adjust work plan and priorities rapidly in response to external opportunities.
Ø A commitment to the SAMS’s vision, mission and values
Ø Strongly internally-oriented.
Ø Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global standard.
Ø Clear ability to understand other people’s perspective and address reasonable concerns and needs
Ø Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues and partners.
Ø honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
§ Fluency written and spoken in Arabic
§ Fluency written and spoken in English