Follow this company
CARE is seeking a dynamic and passionate Senior Emergency Response Program Manager to oversee the humanitarian response program at the provincial level in Mozambique. The SERPM will be responsible for the quality and effectiveness of CARE’s humanitarian response programming and overall operations in one of CARE’s provincial hubs (Nampula or Maxixe or tbc). The Program Manager will play a key role in ensuring a successful scale-up of operations; develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for CARE Mozambique’s humanitarian response activities; and ensure representation role with all relevant stakeholders. The person in this role has overall responsibility for the security and well-being of all staff.
- Program strategy and management
- Financial Management
- Program Support Management
- HR Management
- Representation and Communication
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development or equivalent
- At least five (5) years of practical humanitarian aid experience in complex and natural disasters
- High level of all aspects of managerial experience – including managing multi-sectoral, multi-million-dollar budgets
- Experience in complex decision making and leading a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team under difficult circumstances
- Demonstrated high level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments and donors.
- Ability to work independently and provide leadership to the team
- Ability to support and train local and international staff and also able to work with disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local staff and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate highest level of integrity and commitment to CARE’s core values and humanitarian principles
- Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security risks and harsh living conditions
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity
- Experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner
- Ability to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written); Portuguese strongly preferred
About the Organization
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at .
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your rights as an applicant under the law, please click .
- Apply now
Start your application
Applications for this position must be completed on the recruiting organization’s website.
Find more international development jobs and create alerts to have opportunities delivered to your inbox.