Under the overall guidance and supervision of SEU Executive Director, the Senior Diver assists the Sustainable Energy Unit project in providing driving and logistical support, applies and promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Summary of key functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/supplies
- Timely commuting SEU staff and experts, from and to meetings, events, sites.
- Maintain records and provide logistical support to project
1.Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving project vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
2.Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3.Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
4.Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
5.Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
6.Providing courier logistics support as and when needed: delivery of packages, letters.
7.Providing courier government relation liaison support as and when needed: delivery of and submission of forms, letters and clearance services with ministries and relevant government entities.
8.Ensures incoming mails are sorted and distributed both outside and inside the organization and dispatch outgoing mails.
9.Ensures that all logistical and administrative tasks with other agencies are handled with care.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
- Be flexible as member of the team to assist Admin-supporting staff as required;
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of Bahrain
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
Education & Experience:
Secondary education andor min of 10 years’ work experience as a professional driver;
- Valid driving licences
- Sound record working with high level officials (CE, CEO, equivelant or higher)
- Safe driving record;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Knowledge of Bahrain and location of key ministries
- Experience in clearance official transactions.
Fluency in the Arabic language
Fluency in the Arabic language
- Only Bahraini Nationals will be considered
Full Terms of Reference and details may be downloaded from:
Interested and qualified candidates are required to create a personal profile through the link provided above and to attach the CV and an application letter for the job; noting that only electronic applications submitted through the website will be considered, no later than 18th December 2019.
Applications that do not meet job requirements will NOT be considered.
The United Nations Development Programme in the Kingdom of Bahrain is an employer committed to gender equality and to providing equal opportunities for all.
Contract Duration: 1 year renewable