Girl Effect is a global organization which puts girls at the heart of development by pioneering a distinctive approach to social norm change for adolescent girls living in poverty. GE began as a movement to help put girls on the development agenda by launching to a wide audience at the World Economic Forum in Davos 2009 with the Girl Effect film, which challenged people to think differently about the role girls play in society. Championed by the NIKE Foundation (which began investing in girls in 2004) and in collaboration with the NoVo Foundation, the United Nations Foundation and multiple partners, we set out to get the world to stop seeing girls as part of a global poverty problem and to see them, instead, as participants and even co-creators of new solutions based on their reality.
Girl Effect works on the demand side of development to enable, accelerate and amplify the supply and uptake of services. Evidence shows that even when opportunities and supply side services are available to girls, social norms hold them back. We believe our approach can inspire change and significantly shorten the path for improving development outcomes for adolescent girls living in poverty – and indeed for poverty eradication writ large – due to the ripple effect that empowered girls and women create in societies.
Girl Effect Nigeria (GEN), a company limited by guarantee registered with CaC in Nigeria requires the services of a renowned security company to provide manned security services around the office.
SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED UNDER THE SECURITY COMPANY
- Protect Girl Effect Staff and authorised visitors while on office premises.
- At least two security guards should be assigned at all times.
- Prevent unauthorised access to the property.
- Protect Girl Effect’s property and assets within the office.
- Prevent unauthorised removal of official and/or personal property from the office.
- Detect and report sightings of suspicious activities, objects or persons (in locations around the office).
- Act responsibly towards Girl Effect Staff and visitors (both authorised and unauthorised) with due regard to their human rights, and local and international law.
- Ensure that all security guards are aware of procedures and contact numbers in the event of an emergency.
- All guards are to be correctly equipped for communications, lighting, log books, stationery and other such items.
- Ensure that security guards patrol around the compound on a regular basis and check for any signs of a breach in security.
- Undertake whatever reasonable and appropriate additional measures Girl Effect Representative deems necessary in order to protect the integrity of the office.
- Ensure that all guards are English speaking with at least a basic understanding of written English.
- Ensure that security guards on duty are well trained and well acquainted with their jobs.
- Instruct the security guards to put on security lights during hours of darkness and inform the Operations Manager if the security lights need repair.
- Ensure that the guards follow orders from the Operations Team.
- Negligence will not be tolerated and the company should replace immediately any security guard found to be negligent in the course of their duties.
- Guards should report any irregularity/unusual event to the OM as well as reporting and recording of security breaches.
- The contractor should provide sufficient supervision, a quick response team in response to an incident and suitable communications to notify its operations centre.
- Ensure that security guards on duty are not intoxicated or under the influence of alcoholic drinks, or drugs, or prescribed medication which affects their performance.
- Ensure that security guards strictly abide to working hours.
- Security Guards will be expected to be physically able and equipped to be able to do their jobs.
Method of Application
Interested companies should send their proposal to [email protected]
- Job City Abuja