Posted on : November 26, 2019 Application deadline : December 02, 2019
Research Officer with the Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#277/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information – icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Research Officer with the Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 11 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station Dhaka
No. of vacancy 1 post
Salary 46,946/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Plan, organize and implement laboratory assay with the objective of conducting high-quality laboratory research within the guidelines of the research protocols; and organisational values and guidelines.
- Proposal and Protocol Development: Work with the Principal Investigators in developing Lab methods; Support research team, coordinators and PI in preparing reports; Assess material requirements for specific lab tests for protocol execution in order to support creation of proposals and protocols with funding potential.
- Project Implementation: Train new team members and lab technician on research specific lab works (sample storage, sample separation, basic lab tests and transportation of study sample to icddr,b, b main lab); Receive samples from field staff with appropriate document; Conduct basic lab tests and monitor tests done by new team members; Monitor and track consumption of resources in order to execute research protocols and interventions, and conduct high-quality research.
- Scientific Analysis and Knowledge Creation: Perform lab tests based on direction from supervisor; Prepare report with findings and share with supervisor; Discuss with other team members regarding new lab procedure for new research protocol and provide inputs in order to support scientific analysis.
- Quality Assurance: Read latest literature regarding tests and procedures; Train other staff on quality processes; Check adherence to quality assurance processes from collection to reception by the laboratory in order to monitor adherence to quality guidelines in laboratory test processes and results.
Education and relevant experience:
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology from any reputed University;
- 3-5 years of experience in relevant research
- Data Collection Methods, data analysis, preparing graphs and presentation;
- Ethical Guidelines;
- Microbiological Techniques like detection of Vibrio cholerae, ETEC, Shigella and Salmonella;
- Molecular and Immunological Techniques such as PCR, RT PCR, ELISA, CLIA, Turbidimetry etc.;
- Able to perform different immunological techniques such as cell separation by using Ficoll-Isopaque, ELISA, ELISPOT, dot blot, Vibriocidal etc.;
- Able to perform processing of tissues, histopathology, immunohistochemistry;
- GCP, ISO and Biosafety and Secuirty related issues.
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by December 02, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.