Follow this company
Reception coverage and Mailing Services
- Receive and screen all incoming calls and visitors, and forward to respective officers.
- Make calls on staff as requested and maintain accurate log of calls and account for this on telephone bills.
- Record and deliver telephone messages.
- Ensure reception is always neat. Promptly attend to visitors ensuring no crowding at the reception area.
- Always ensure reception coverage, and proper handover when you are away.
- Receive all incoming mail and distribute to staff.
- Prepare and dispatch all outgoing to the field mail.
- Log incoming invoices, sign and distribute to relevant staff.
- Act as focal point of courier services and advise of any issues arising.
- Ensure timely renewal of IRC subscriptions e.g. fire inspection certificates for all offices, warehouse, Galana plaza, Pangani office and post office box renewal.
- Provide Administrative support to supply chain department as requested.
Utilities Management & SC Support
- Ensure timely payment of utilities: _ Water – guest house, FC apartment, Galana Plaza. Electricity – Galana Plaza, CD, FC, DDO, Guest house, Warehouse, Telephone- Safaricom postpaid lines, Telkom prepaid lines, Payment of courier services for the dedicated courier.
- Maintain tracking system for utilities and update on monthly basis.
- Purchase of office drinking water.
- Issuing of gate pass to any equipment, items getting out of IRC office.
- Raising of operation Online PR’s in the BVA system under supply/admin department i.e. travel and cab request PR’s.
- Support of SMT with their requests, travel request, payment of school fees for their dependents.
- In charge of office consumable’s supplies and office stationery supplies in the office
- Support of IHUB office at the reception, coordinating courier services, receiving and logging in IHUB invoices, receiving and transferring their calls, receiving their visitors
- Supervising and booking boardroom for staff meetings in coordinated way for both Kenya and IHUB.
- Supervising of tender bid register as they come.
Key Result Areas:
- Provision of effective and efficient administrative support services to supply chain department.
- Day-to-day efficient operations of the administrative and supply chain department services in the office.
- Diploma in Business Administration and Management, or other related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience in administration and management in a busy office, preferable with Nongovernmental organization.
- Customer care skills and how to apply them.
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, Access.
- Knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to perform wide range of inter-related complex administrative services.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of personal initiative, pro-active problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of listening skills.
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.