Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture health. peacebuilding, WASH, emergency relief, and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to Its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position
Position Title: Project Officer-Capacity Development-DFSA
Duty Station: Dire Dawa
Required no: One
Employment Term: Indefinite term contingent upon funding of the DFSAP program
Reports To: Project Manager I DFSA PSNP Systems
Application Deadline: December 07, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: As a member of the DFSA Institutional Capacity Strengthening (ICS) project team, you will monitor and report on all Purpose/ project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
TYPICAL BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience
- MA/MSC Degree in related field of study
- 2 years relevant experience for MA or 4 years relevant experience for BA degree
- Experience in the field of Institutional Capacity Strengthening and for an NGO would be a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel. Word, PowerPoint).
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and ;he ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
AGENCY-WIDE COMPETENCIES (FOR ALL CRS STAFF):
These are rooted in the mission, valves and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Please enter via form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline, December 07, 2019.
How To Apply:
Applications should be submitted by December 07, 2019 up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for written exam/interview.
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer