Follow this company
Location: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract length: 2 years
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 24 Dec 2019
Interview date: TBC
Start date: February 2020
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The ideal person for this position will support the project manager in the implementation of the Safe Space Let’s Talk project by providing logistical support, management of meetings, reports review, follow up project implementation activities, and other duties as assigned by project manager. The ideal person will provide management, coordination and direction to the Safe Space Let’s Talk project, ensuring project deliverables, financial management, reporting and networking, provide technical assistance and oversight of key processes related to Project and safeguarding, If you are passionate about making a difference for marginalised Youth and giving them a voice, this is your job!
Skills, qualifications and experience
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, such Project Management, Community Development, Policy and Governance, Sociology or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience of managing Youth projects with a particular focus on Social Inclusion and Community outreach Project.
- Experience in People Management and conducting team performance review.
- Demonstrated experience of applying project cycle management practices at a project or community level.
- Demonstrated success at networking and partnership development.
- Proven experience in financial management, including budgeting, monitoring and managing expenditure.
- Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate others within a team.
- Demonstrated ability at successfully monitoring and evaluating projects.
- Evidence of leadership skills including handling complex situations to an effective conclusion.
- Oral and written fluency in English, with confidence in communicating to a wide range of audiences.
- IT literate (Microsoft packages).
- Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility.
- Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure. Time management skills.
- Practical experience gained within an volunteering NGO context
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values
- Experience and knowledge of project location
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our (PDF).
Know someone who would be amazing at this role?
If you know the perfect person for this opportunity, tell them about it here.
You can cancel email alerts at any time.