Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 20 days left to apply for this job.
Share this job
Village Enterprise is seeking an exceptional professional with over 3 years work experience to lead a project focused on supporting government adoption of poverty graduation in West Pokot County. In Kenya’s complex regulatory and political landscape, the Project Manager will work closely with a consulting firm and our West Pokot team to enhance our outreach to the West Pokot County Government. The Individual will own and execute a county level strategy aimed at developing and maintaining a solid working relationship with the West Pokot County Government.
1. Project Management
- Collaborate closely with Project Partner in implementing activities based on agreed upon workplan
- Work closely with team members of the Partnership Management unit to deliver on milestones/deliverables
- Use Project Management Launch plan to execute tasks assigned to the Project Manager
- Provide supervisory support to Market Linkages Coordinator
2. Stakeholder Management
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with the Office of the Governor, the County Executive Committee, Members of the County Assembly and other relevant stakeholders. • Increase the visibility of Village Enterprise with County Government officials • Coordinate external meetings and workshops with West Pokot County Government 3. County-Level Strategy
- Drive county-level strategy to integrate economic inclusion and market linkages in County Government Strategic plans.
- Establish a network of senior county government champions to actively support the integration of economic inclusion in West Pokot.
4. Policy • Build expertise on economic inclusion, agricultural, NGO and market linkage issues and design strategies to respond to both opportunities and future risk
. • Ensure compliance of VE operations with west Pokot county government regulations 5. Strategic communication and Reporting:
- Be the main external communicator on behalf of Village Enterprise with the West Pokot County Government.
- Internally, communicate regularly and collaborate with the Village Enterprise leadership team.
- Facilitate and oversee the tracking a
- Ensure timely preparation and delivery of reports (quarterly and annual) to all levels of the county government
6. Reporting, Communication and Administration
- Provide management oversight and leadership, as requested by, and in collaboration with, the East Africa Field Management Team
- Contribute to project monitoring reporting and learning within the specified timelines
- Support creation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as needed and upon request
- Support relationships with partners as requested
- Participate in and contribute to internal staff meetings when applicable
- Support general operations as needed Key Performance Indicators for the role:
- Village Enterprise becoming a well-recognized organization with the West Pokot Office of the Governor, County Executive Committee (CECs), County Assembly and other relevant stakeholders
- Building capacity of West Pokot County Government officials, political and community leaders as well as other relevant stakeholders on graduation / extreme poverty / and economic inclusion with high quality workshops
- Success of integration of Graduation/Economic Inclusion in West Pokot County Integrated Development (CIDP) Strategic plans and budget.
Job Requirements Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Share this job
Village Enterprise has no other jobs
Nairobi / Norwegian Refugee Council
Kampala / Food & Agriculture Organization For The United Nations
Nairobi / United Nations
Nairobi / International Fertilizer Development Center
Nairobi / United Nations
Dream. Grow. Be Found.
Fuzu is your one stop shop for the largest selection of open jobs, insights into the East African job market, tailored career advice and skill training. With us, you get exactly what you need to pursue your professional goals.