The Programme Specialist – Sexual and Reproductive Health will establish and maintain collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bi-lateral agencies and civil society to address SRH emerging issues and to facilitate quality integrated programme delivery.
S/He will work under the overall guidance of UNFPA Jordan Representative and reports to Humanitarian Programme Coordinator, and closely works with all heads of units and camps coordinators to ensure effective and quality SRH programme integration and delivery.
How you can make a difference
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The SRH Specialist will ensure the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of sexual and Reproductive Health. S/He will oversee SRH programme formulation, implementation, reporting and evaluation, capacity building, coordination and partnerships, policy dialogue and advocacy, and support resources mobilization for generating funding support to SRH programme. S/He will work under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Country Representative and direct supervision of Humanitarian Coordinator and within the framework of JCO CPD (2018-2022), UNSDF (2018-2022) and the framework of the Minimal Services Initial Package (MISP).
Advanced degree in RH and public Health or relevant Social Sciences;
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in working with RH programming/ coordination with UNFPA or other United Nations organization, including in humanitarian settings;
- Experience in managing RH or health programmes with direct experience relating to supply chain management systems, advising on RH commodities and health systems at national or international level;
- Demonstrable knowledge of reproductive health issues and/or protection issues in humanitarian settings, and of humanitarian emergency operations and roles/responsibilities of humanitarian actors;
- Experience in program management;
- Field experience is a strong asset
- Fluency in English is required. Advanced Arabic is a strong asset.
Other Desrable Skills:
- Initiative, strong conceptual abilities, sound judgment, strong interest in humanitarian work, especially the mission of the United Nations Population Fund and dedication to the principles of the United Nations.