Kandy, Sri Lanka
FAO in Kandy
Job Posting: 16/Dec/2019
Closure Date: 30/Dec/2019, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : FASRL
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Sri Lanka-Kandy
Duration : 12 months (renewable)
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions. Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply. People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
‘Rehabilitation of degraded agricultural lands in Kandy, Badulla and Nuwara Eliya Districts in the Central Highlands’, is a project funded by the Global Environmental Facility (GEF) through its land degradation portfolio. The project will be implemented with the Ministry of Mahaweli Development and Environment (MoMD&E) in close consultation with the Natural Resource Management Centre (NRMC) of the Department of Agriculture (DoA). The Project aims at reversing and arresting land degradation in agricultural lands in Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, and Badulla districts in the Central Highlands of Sri Lanka and increasing the provision of ecosystems goods and services and enhancing food security in the Central Highlands in of Sri Lanka through the promotion of Sustainable Land Management (SLM). The project will operate under the technical supervision, monitoring and reporting to GEF by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO).
Under the overall supervision of the AFAOR – Programme, the Programme Officer directly reports to the National Project Manager.
Provides technical and operational support for results-based monitoring and evaluation assistance to the programme, coordinate the assement of land degradation in central highland and development of Land Resource Information System for the Central Highland.
Development and implementation of coherent, integrated and effective monitoring and evaluation system on project implimenation and developemnt of land dergradation map for the central highland in Sri Lanka.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Review the existing project M&E system and develop the overall framework for project progress monitoring, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Efficient implementation and accomplishment of the activities, Monitoring and Evaluation during the remaining life cycle of the project, Assessment of the progress and impacts of the activities of the project objectives till the end of the project
- Support the preparation of annual and quarterly work plans, budgets (AWP, QWP/B) and TORs for all activities of the project;
- Preparation of project-related documentation including, frequent monitoring and evaluation reports annual reports, donor reports,and meeting minutes, etc.
- Organization and coordination of the Project Steering Committee meetings and other national and regional level meeting, including the preparation of presentations, agenda and minutes;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Land or Natural Resource Management, Agricultural science, Environmental scienceor related
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in project monitoring and evaluation, preration of land resource informations project documentation.
- Working knowledge of English
- National of Sri Lanka
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT