Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
FAO Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : 1900853
Job Posting: 04/Dec/2019
Closure Date: 19/Dec/2019, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : FAO PNG
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Papua New Guinea-Port Moresby
Duration : 6 months (extendable)
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on your personal device date and time settings
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO has been identified as the Lead Agency for a large investment project focused on Value Chain development in Papua New Guinea. The project will be implemented as a United Nations Joint Programme with a number of UN Agencies participating in its implementation in close co-operation with relevant government and parastatal partners as well as local enterprises and private sector. The programme focuses on the development of the Cocoa, Vanilla and Fisheries (riverine, in reef and coastal) value chains as well as the supporting and enabling transport and infrastructure including feeder roads.
Reports administratively to the FAO Programme officer in Papua New Guinea and technically to the Deputy Regional Representative of the FOA Regional office for Asia Pacific, Bangkok.
Sustainable VC development with associated enterprise development.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage, organize and lead the effective and timely delivery of the programme in the project area.
- Ensure effective and inclusive joint work planning, co-ordination between the various participating UN Agencies for timely delivery of the agreed project outputs, the implementation of the baseline and M and E framework,
- Support on the set up of the project offices as well as recruitment of the substantial international and national team, support services, identification and engagement of service providers and siting of suitable project facilities.
- Lead the engagement with the various parts of the Government of Papua New Guinea and development of innovative partnerships with local enterprises/private sector on value chain development
- Support project staff and consultants and manage all related project risks.
- Collaborate with other concerned units (Budget Holder, PSR, CSFE) regarding FAO’s role as Administrative Agent and Convening Agency.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Agriculture/Agronomy/Post-harvest management
- 10 years of relevant experience in sustainable value chain and enterprise development in a smallholder based setting.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian) for Consultants. Working knowledge of English for PSAs.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Highly skilled team leader able to work in a multicultural team
- Extent and relevance of experience in managing and implementing large-scale projects or programmes in smallholder based production systems using value chain approaches
- Extent and relevance of experience in enhancing value chains from production through improving post-harvest management to improved market access and agriculture and agriculture/food quality certification systems
- Proven experience in successful application of sustainable Value chain/enterprise development approaches in challenging environments.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
Candidates should upload language certificate/s when submitting their application.
For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page
For more information, visit the FAO employment website
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT