You are invited to join a team of dedicated development professionals whose primary role is to support the Maldivesto achieve the 2030 Agenda. As part of the UNDP team your focus will be to work with multiple stakeholders to find the country specific solutions that lead to the eradication of poverty and to ensure no one is left behind – and we reach those furthest behind first.
You will be confronted with diverse development challenges, including addressing basic development needs, supporting institutional transformations to enable sustainable development, and enabling rapid recovery from shocks, crises and conflicts by strengthening development pathways. These development challenges are not mutually exclusive. In fact, they often coexist, requiring tailored integrated solutions that can adequately address specific deficits and barriers.
UNDP is looking for individuals who have the analytical, planning and implementation capacities that can address links, choices and connections across many issues and sectors. We seek individuals who can apply global best practice to national contexts. We are looking for people who are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to making a positive contribution to Development in the Maldives.
The Programme Assistants provides the necessary support in execution of services in the CO Programme Unit, supports the design, planning and management of the country programme portfolio by facilitating programme and project implementation. The Programme Assistants promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Programme Assistants work in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO staff for resolving programme related issues and information delivery.
- Effective application of RBM tools and achievement of programme and management targets. Support the design of mechanisms to accelerate delivery and enhance impact of programme portfolio
- Presentation of information/ reports for identification of areas for support and interventions
- Support the troubleshooting of project implementation by effective quality assurance of PMUs related programme and operations work
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Identify sources, gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking.
- Creation of projects in Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project.
- Support the preparation of project documents’ drafts, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements
- Pipeline management and project initiation on and off Atlas. Prepares in coordination with PMUs and in coordination with relevant office units’ re-alignment of budgets/project documents and agreements.
- Support the Programme Officers in substantive programtic work.
- Support the provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
- Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports.
- Support the identification of operational issues and participate proactively in solutions in accordance with programme policies and procedures of the organization.
- Support quality assurance related activities/audits and follow up tasks including audit recommendations
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Organize, compile and process information from the donor as well as from the programme team and keep track of the information through databases and e-filing.
- Support the programme team in the tracking of and reporting on mobilized resources.
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of projects & Financial Reports.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers
- Support the Programme Analyst in guiding UNDP Project personnel in DIM implementation or Country Office support to NIM in complying with relevant UNDP Programme and Operations policies and procedures.
- Supports Project teams in capacity building exercises oriented to develop competences in NIM environment for accountable and result driven project management
- Supports the effective formulation of procurement plans
- liaising with communication unit to arrange for media involvement, press conferences & press releases
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme
- Effective contributes to sharing competencies and expertise across projects, teams and peers
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Secondary Education or bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business or Public Administration or related field.
- 5 years for secondary education and 2 years for University degree of relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Work experience in the usage of MS Excel, spreadsheet and database packages, experience in working with ATLAS is an advantage.
- Work experience within the UN system is an asset.
- Strong writing and communication skills in English
- Fluency in Dhivehi
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
If you require additional information please write to email@example.com
Contract Duration: 12 months