- Manage a comprehensive activity plan for the designated projects, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frame for project implementation.
- Provide planning support to the Programme Manager in making procurement requests.
- Provide data inputs to the M&E framework of the Programme.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on field coordination support provided to the waste management project.
- Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented records of logistics transactions for audit purpose.
- Monitor and support implementation of cash-for-work activities by a service provider in Maiduguri as well as Biu and Bama.
- Monitor processing of cash for work transfer payments request made by service providers, conduct verification of payroll on a beneficiary registration system (Red Rose platform) in collaboration with UNDP finance office and ensure service provider’s assistance provided to beneficiaries to receive payment from the financial institution.
- Monitor and support awareness raining about waste management by a service provider in Maiduguri as well as Biu and Bama
- Coordinate all types of equipment and assets including PPE, devices, smart cards, communication, IT, to ensure that equipment is managed diligently and operated in the most cost-efficient and optimal manner.
- Monitor and support creation of start-up businesses by a service provider in Maiduguri as well as Biu and Bama
- Follow the activities closely and make sure the designated results are achieved by the service providers
- Keep close communication with the service providers, beneficiaries, and the other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of beneficiary training programmes organized by project implement unit and by services provides.
- Coordinate the implementation of capacity building support for the respective state government authorities, particularly for the State Ministry of Environment (MOE) and the Borno State Environmental Protection Agency (BOSEPA)
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Researches and documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Maintains information/databases on system design features
- Develops simple system components
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Actively supports the interests of the client by making choices and setting priorities to meet their needs
- Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Monitors the implementation of corporate accountability and results-based management systems and makes recommendations to enhance performance of business units
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, mixed-gender environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity; sensitivity and adaptability to culture, gender, religion, nationality and age; commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of UN operations; ability to achieve common goals and provide guidance or training to colleagues;
- Commitment to continuous learning: initiative and willingness to learn new skills and stay abreast of new developments in area of expertise; ability to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Planning and organizing: effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner; ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work; ability to work under pressure, with conflicting deadlines, and to handle multiple concurrent projects/activities;
- Flexibility: adaptability and ability to live and work in potentially hazardous and remote conditions, involving physical hardship and little comfort; to operate independently in austere environments for protracted periods; willingness to travel within the area of operations and to transfer to other duty stations within the area of operations as necessary;
- Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards UNDP’s mission and vision, as well as to the UN Core Values.
- At least 3 years of experience in humanitarian / development programme field, supervision / management / administrative and logistics support or related field.
- Experience of administrative operation and project activity implementation.
- Experience in cash for work for waste management or public works project is an asset.
- Experience of working in Northern Nigeria; and geographical knowledge of the North East is an asset.
- Experience in cash-based programming, community recovery and livelihoods stabilization is an asset.
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization, notably with UN/UNDP, is highly desirable.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement.
- The ability to communicate in Hausa, Kanuri or any other language spoken in the northeast is an asset.
*QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Important applicant information
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension