Program Officer at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. AHNi was established as an affiliate of the Family Health International (FHI 360), a nonprofit human development organization serving more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories, to sustain FHI’s achievements.
To strengthen this operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Project: Global Fund
- The Global Fund is a 21st century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion Dollars in the fight against AlDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
- The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC), is a global project funded by PEPFAR and USAID, designed to accept funding from USAID missions, provides strategic TA and direct service delivery, aims to help countries reach 95-95-95 by improving case-finding, prevention and treatment programming, and viral load suppression, promotes self-reliant management of national HIV programs, Core partners:
- To strengthen this operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position above.
- The Program Officer, under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer, provide support to and coordination of the work of the AHNI/Nigeria field offices
- S/he will support program planning, design, review and the monitoring of the program implemented at the field level, supports desk review of key SOs/SRs documents (SR grant sub agreement/SO M0U, Organizational chart, budget, workplan, Performance Framework (PF), management letters where applicable, assessment report of SR, MFRs/SFRs, and LFA findings on SR programmatic, M&E, administrative and financial.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MBBS Degree or MS/MA Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5-7 years working experience in development programs at the community level with at least 3-5 years experience with HIV/AIDS program planning and implementation working with public and NGO sectors required
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single Ms Word Document to: using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.