Freetown, Sierra Leone
( 1905290 )
Grade : No grade
Contractual Arrangement : Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration : 6 months
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2019, 6:37:53 AM
WCO is supporting the MoHS to conduct activities through Direct Implementation (DI) as a result of the embargo on DFCs. In view of this, there are a high number of requests from the MoHS for activities that should be implemented. In order to expedite the implementation process of activities in the HSE and Basic Package Clusters, there is need to recruit two Program Assistants for six (6) months on SSA contract.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions.
- Provide support on the Implementation of DFCs and DIs in the office and the field.
- Prepare all necessary documentations, do quality administrative checks before approval, upload all relevant documents in GSM, raise Purchase Orders (PO)
- Ensure the implementation process of DIs and DFCs are followed according to WHO’s procedures, rules and regulations, request for all necessary documents.
- Account for all monies received and signed for by liquidation of POs (preparing and uploading FACE reports) and ensure PO closure.
- Oversee and monitor the information flow of the Unit/Team screening, sorting, analysing and identifying areas requiring action by the team lead/team members:
- Ensure effective and timely follow up on requests for information, briefings and other actions, emanating from the WR/Unit/Team liaising with units/teams, as appropriate..
- Monitor requests for goods and services, including receipt, payment and inventory requirements.
- Follow up on DFC and DI reports, uploading FACE reports in ECM and ensure closure of POs Monitors project/programme activities by reviewing a variety of records, including progress reports, project inputs, budgets and financial expenditure.
Draft general or administrative correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions; finalize correspondence/reports for signature/clearance.
Verify that outgoing correspondence is presented in accordance with WHO and department styles and checking language, grammar and accuracy prior to submitting for signature and clearance
Analyze incoming correspondence and requests in the light of background
material, instructions, policies and precedents, researching, obtaining and attaching background information in anticipation of the responsible officer’s needs, or redirecting them as appropriate; identify and highlight incoming documents and attach background information and identify areas requiring action by professional staff, drawing their attention to specific items.
- Ensure that technical reports and documents are in line with WHO standards, rules, practices and procedures, editing and correcting them as necessary prior to their submission for signature or clearance of relevant authority.
- Using appropriate tracking tools, follow-up on and ensure that target dates and
deadlines are met, and that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner.
Create and/or maintain filing systems; continual review of filing system to ensure information is up to date and effectively and efficiently used.
Obtain documents and information from in-house and external sources as required; perform information searches (library, internet) as requested.
Coordinate compilation of technical documents to ensure they are logically compiled, formatted and assembled to facilitate the work of the Team/Unit .
Arrange and coordinate administrative preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, including: preparing event plans in GSM/Oracle, letters of invitation, cost estimates and travel requests; assisting with preparation of documents; dispatching of materials and liaising with participants and others involved.
Prepare presentations using PowerPoint and other software packages on own initiative or on the basis of instructions.
Schedule team/departmental meetings, according to schedules and need; taking minutes and following up on action points to ensure timely response to the requests of the WHO and preparation of minutes.
– Obtain briefing and background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. to be attended by the team’s professional staff, checking their availability and ensuring they have the appropriate briefing files and documents .
– Using GSM/Oracle and in collaboration with the Travel Assistant, prepare travel requests for official WHO travel. Make flight and hotel reservations, prepare travel files and deal with other related matters as requested or on own initiative .
- Prepare DI and DFC Financial reports at the end of each activity.
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent technical or commercial education.
- Training in secretarial tasks and/or in an administrative field is desirable
WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution. The list can be accessed through this link: http://www.whed.net/
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with national Ministries of Health
- Experience working with WHO or other UN entities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Very good communication skills
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Excellent written and spoken English
REMUNERATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
G-5 Level (SLL 4,676,833 Monthly rate)
Place of Assignment
Freetown, Sierra Leone .