Req ID: PROCU01843
Posted Date: 2019-11-26
Schedule: Full Time
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan AFG
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Procurement Officer for an upcoming USAID-funded program in Afghanistan. The overall goal of the Afghanistan Market Based Jobs for Peace program is focusing on integration of IDPs, returnees, former militia fighters, women and youth into the economy in rural and peri-urban areas of Afghanistan.
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Procurement Officer will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, following USAID and Creative policies and local law;
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the needs of the project;
- Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency;
- Process procurements according to respective rules and regulations;
- Compile and review budgets, solicited quotations, negotiations, and analysis to recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees;
- Verify deliveries are complete and done in a timely manner;
- Ensure prompt update of the procurement files into the procurement database, IDMS;
- Check daily on project vehicles and ensure up-to-date vehicle maintenance files for each vehicle; and
Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred;
Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience;
Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-fundedprograms;
Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations;
Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems;
Strong communication skills;
Oral and written working proficiency in English; and
Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)