Follow this company
Key functions will include ensuring that Supply Chain policies are adhered to; coordinating the Supply Chain department; undertaking a periodic review and assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of Supply Chain staff, efficient coordination and management of all IRC assets ensuring they are labeled and tracked, and maintaining audit-compliant records, supervising Supply Chain activities and providing support should technical problems arise during operations. The incumbent will also ensure that Supply Chain staff are committed to information sharing amongst colleagues, within sections, between field and country offices, and that feedback is provided on requests from the Supply Chain department, and that all Supply Chain forms are accurately filled by personnel requiring the relevant services so that efficient and accurate support system for the field and Freetown Supply Chain is maintained.
The Procurement Assistant based in Kenema and reporting to the Procurement Officer with support to the Field offices in Kailahun and Kono. The position is critical to the success of all projects and as such should deliver high quality productivity in the shortest amount of time possible in a completely transparent and accountable way.
- Maintain systems that allows the free and easy receipt of all procurement requests. Ensure the requests are logged therefore enabling him/herself to track the overall procurement lead time.
- Assist in organizing procurement requests arriving in the unit and in identifying priorities according to Program needs.
- Gaining the required number of quotations/bids according to the IRC Procurement Procedures. This should be achieved quickly and then presented to the requesting manager in a professional manner.
- Identifying potential vendors/suppliers with required market necessities of IRC in his/her region and establishing an accountable and transparent system of business on behalf of IRC by strictly following IRC vendor relationship as indicated on Procurement Manual /SOP.
- Coordinate and arrange the prompt delivery of purchased goods to Freetown warehouse ensuring that they are accompanied by delivery report or waybill as applicable.
- Cooperates with the Finance Department to ensure prompt and correct invoice indicating payments are achieved.
- Maintain the database of vendors used by IRC. It should indicate what products or services the vendor provides and what quantities and qualities to achieve the highest quality of products required according to descriptions indicated on Purchase Request from requesting Programs/Officers
- Provide assistance in the maintenance of a complete and accountable procurement filling system.
- Perform other responsible related duties as required or requested by Supervisor.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
External: Suppliers, NGOs.
Internal: Programme Coordinators Managers/Supervisors and other heads of units/departments; Finance Admin. Department Freetown, Kono and Freetown; Field Coordinator/Field Manager, Senior Supply Chain Manager and the Fleet and Warehouse officer in Freetown, Kono, Kailahun, Bo and Kenema
- Degree from a Recognized University or College or Diploma in Procurement / Purchasing or Resource Management or in any relevant discipline.
- Computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel and Outlook Email
- Previous experience working in supply chain/ Procurement within a large organization.
- Three years of working experience with an international NGO.
SKILL & ABILITIES;
- Ability to organize task, provide supervision to procurement team and identify priorities. Must have strong organizational diplomacy and communications skills; proven computer literacy (Microsoft words and excel)
- Honest, responsible and in good physical condition to meet the demands of job.
- Good command in spoken and written in English.