Follow this company
The purpose of the USAID Learning Activity (ULA) is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development. The ULA will achieve this through three objectives:
- Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources; and deepens local ownership.
- Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality and cost- effectiveness of programs and operations
- Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
The Organizational Development / Capacity Building Specialist will work on the Collaboration and Outreach team, and support the USAID Learning Activity’s effort to foster both internal and external collaboration which leads to greater development outcomes in Uganda. The Organizational Development / Capacity Building Specialist will support, and over time may plan, initiate, and drive local system capacity building efforts which support USAID/Uganda development objectives. They will report to the Director of Collaboration and Outreach while working in partnership with the Learning and Performance Improvement teams to build the collaboration, learning, and adaptation capacity of local institutions in Uganda.
- Support local system capacity building
- Train and support host country counterpart collaboration fora members to deliberate and act without external facilitation
- Support USAID to partner with local universities and create an internship program in which students participate in monitoring, analytical, and other Contract activities
- Support USAID/Uganda to create and operationalize sustainable counterpart capacity at a Ugandan university, think tank, or similar research institution
- Support external collaboration
- Assist USAID to establish, facilitate, and support inter-organizational collaboration fora between USAID, GOU, NGO, and private sector host country counterparts
- Set up meetings and events; prepare presentations and information; take notes; track follow-up actions; provide logistics and support for conferences and public knowledge sharing events
- Assist USAID to strengthen government-to-government (G2G) partnerships, including inter-organizational communications, joint planning, and harmonized learning and adaptation
- Support internal collaboration
- Assist USAID to build collaborative relationships with and among IPs that enable successful implementation of its Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS)
- Support various USAID activities through joint work planning
- Assist the Director of Performance Improvement to support mission-based capacity building which strengthens individual and organizational capacity
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum three years of technically relevant work experience required
- Experience in capacity building, training, or mentoring professionals
- Experience organizing, facilitating, and supporting workshops, meetings, events
- Experience working closely with or directly on USAID, USG, or other similar donor projects; understanding of USAID and development programming
- Skills and experience in building partnerships and collaborative relationships
- Experience living and working in developing country environments
- Clear communication skills in both written and oral forms; accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English, additional fluency in any of Uganda’s local languages preferred
- Ability to work independently and excellent time management; proactive, ability to take on new tasks with little direction
- Collaborative, ability to work with colleagues and partners across sectors and outside traditional functional expertise in order to catalyze activity toward shared objectives
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
How to Apply
To apply for this position please follow the following steps: * Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a
, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application. * You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.