On behalf of Support to MINUSMA Project and under the overall management of the UNMAS Deputy Chief of Operations, Operations Specialist – EOD Equipment Mechanic will be working within the UNMAS Mali Joint Operations Centre and will be responsible for the maintenance, management and local repair of all UNMAS EOD and IEDD specialist equipment, distributed to MINUSMA TCCs.
Summary of Key Functions:Manage, maintain and repair Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV)
- Manage, maintain and repair Metal Detector and Dual Purpose Ground Penetrating Radar and Metal Detector
- Manage maintain and repair X-Ray
- Manage and maintain EOD Equipment
They will perform the following functions in relation to this equipment:
- Perform electronic fault finding.
- Perform second line repair.
- Liaise with equipment manufacturer to solve equipment issues and provide technical feedback.
- In close liaison with UNMAS Mali Support Services, manage local asset register detailing locations and serviceability of all EOD equipment within the UNMAS Program.
- Manage the inventory of spare parts for EOD equipment including submitting requisitions for spares.
- Procure parts and equipment.
- Advise users on maintenance issues.
- Carry out ROV maintenance training for users.
- Produce a weekly summary report of equipment states.
- Introduce maintenance management and care schedules
- Liaise with Operations and Support Services on all EOD equipment.
- ManageEquipment Fault Reports raised by users.
- Manage and husbandry of all other EOD related equipment.
- Replace the ECM Technician when needed.
- Any other tasks as indicated by the UNMAS Chief of Operations.
“Qualified Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) with 5 years of relevant experience; or
- First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with 7 years of relevant experience; or
- Technical professional diploma or equivalent in Electronics with 9 years of relevant experience is required.
b. Work Experience:
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in Repair and maintenance of ROV (Remote Operations Vehicles), electronic equipment.
- Fluent in English (read, write and speak) is required
- Intermediate French (read, write and speak) is desired
- Job City Gao