Operations Manager, Colombia
19 Dec 2019
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Provide strategic leadership for the operations for programs in MTI Colombia, ensuring the implementation and compliance of administrative, financial, logistic and human resources policies and procedures.
- Promote the MTI calling and values.
- Ensure the implementation of all Field Operations Manual (FOM) regulations in country with regards to finance, HR and logistics.
- Coordinate recruitment processes, including drafting job descriptions, advertising roles, interviewing candidates, processing contracts and overseeing induction processes.
- Ensure ongoing performance management tools are in place and used by staff.
- Ensure accountability is integrated in to all HR processes.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Conduct the procurement processes according to the program planning
- Ensure all logistical needs of the program are met and follow the guidelines in the FOM.
- Ensure all transport needs of the program are met and follow the guidelines in the FOM.
- Oversee budgeting, financial reporting, planning and auditing
- Ensure Fund Transfer Request and financial report are sent in a monthly basis
- Authorize the payroll
- Approve payments based on matrix of authorization
- Approve purchase request and fund request
- Analyze budget execution and solve problems
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filled and monitor compliance with law and MTI regulations
- Plans events for program
- Participate in committees
- Train staff in topics related to operations
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, business administration or related field
- Certified and accredited by business or accountant entities in country
- Valid vehicle drive license
- Minimum of three years in similar positions in INGOs or private sector institutions
- Experience managing budgets and regulations from donors like US Government Institutions, UN, ECHO, GIZ or other international donors
- Experience in Colombian labor and financial laws
- Experience in projects related to Public Health
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Very knowledgeable of Colombian labor and financial laws
- Very knowledgeable of business and finance administration
- Very knowledgeable in logistics and procurement processes
- Very skilled to produce high quality internal and external reports in a timely manner
- Very skilled at creating and monitoring budgets and making appropriate adjustments as necessary
- Very skilled at managing projects to satisfactory completion
- Very skilled with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, Power Point and data base software
- Skilled at building and maintaining a high functioning, high performing work team
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish is essential
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to embrace and promote MTI’s mission and vision
- Ability to uphold and exemplify the organization’s core values
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to donors, volunteers, and the public
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability Work in extended schedules when applicable
- Ability to travel when applicable
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- 90% of time at office, seated working in computer environment
- 10% traveling to program catchment area with a level 2 of risk for security