Years of experience:
25 Dec 2019
Macfadden is seeking an Operations Assistant (Rotating) to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) in Washington, DC. This position will rotate between teams in the Human Capital and Talent Management area of a fast-paced, dynamic office. The Operations Assistant should be able to complete a range of tasks effectively prioritizing the most important and communicating transparently with stakeholders. The Operations Assistant will collaborate with other members of OTI in order to complete human resources and administrative related tasks.
- Provide knowledge management support including but not limited to tracking documents, lessons learned, and best practices across OTI programs and/or operations. Assist the teams in the creation and/or maintenance of information products in support of political transition programs;
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the office such as scheduling, filing, preparing materials and documentation, facilitating meetings, drafting meeting minutes, drafting and tracking memos, ensuring that action items are followed up, filing, and correspondence control;
- Coordinate personnel support and action requests for program-funded staff including but not limited to travel assistance, training logistics, and payroll support;
- Draft and track personnel memos, maintain personnel files, and manage the staff hiring tracker in addition to the temporary duty (TDY) scheduler;
- Assist in responding to requests for information on OTI operations from other teams, divisions, and/or USAID offices;
- Assist with financial planning, management and reconciliation;
- Prepare Acquisition and Assistance (A&A) request package for the management and administration of procurement in support of OTI personnel services contractors;
- Coordinate closely with OTI’s three divisions OMD, FPD, and PLI by way of attending meetings, and providing report to the supervisor, as well as ensuring that the supervisor’s agenda is shared with other divisions and teams;
- Provide support for other Operations Assistants in times of increased workload.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
High school diploma, Bachelor’s degree, or Master’s degree with 1 years of relevant work experience
- Qualified candidates must demonstrate strong customer service skills including taking initiative to address issues and anticipate needs.
- Candidates must be flexible and adaptable while maintaining excellent organizational and administrative skills in a high-energy, dynamic work environment.
- Candidates should have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented team player who takes initiative to develop and implement efficient and effective administrative support systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and basic software packages.
- Superior computer skills and applied knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as email and internet applications. G-Mail and Google Applications experience is welcome
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.