Years of experience:
Project Concern International
15 Jan 2020
The Office Assistant provides administrative support to the D.C. office and supports special assignments, projects and activities. The primary responsibilities include overseeing general office/facilities matters, maintaining office supplies, administrative assistance to senior executives, and providing an array of assistance to the D.C. staff in the areas of communications; networking; special events; travel and other logistics. S/he will also be the liaison between the San Diego International Office (IO) and the DC office on administrative and facilities tasks. The Office Assistant works with the CEO’s Sr. Executive Administrator to ensure timely completion of special projects. S/he reports to the Vice President for Marketing and Communications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:**
DC Office Administration:
Provide receptionist support, welcome guests to office, and prepare meeting spaces.
Assist in DC Office communication/coordination with the IO in San Diego via email, Skype, GoToMeeting, etc., and serve as the liaison to the IO.
- Plan and facilitate staff meetings, take notes at meetings and prepare meeting rooms with communications devices.
- Support financial tasks: petty cash, credit card reconciliations, check requests, and travel expense reports.
- Acts as main point of contact for procurement.
- Provide support to processing of consultant contracts, e.g. security screening, etc.
- Attend relevant events to enhance PCI program development and learn best practices.
- Assist People & Culture with onboarding new employees in the DC office, candidate interviewing support (including travel arrangements), and other general HR assistance as needed.
- Coordinate with the CEO’s Sr. Executive Administrator to backstop key support functions and assist the CEO and other senior leadership as needed.
- Purchase and monitor office supplies.
- Monitor condition of office, including leading and coordinating collaborative effort to ensure kitchen is clean and dishwasher serviced daily, so that it is always presentable for visitors.
- Coordinate with building management/facilities regarding office facilities, operations, security, parking, and building schedule. Serve as point of contact for building management and vendors.
- Facilitate the planning, organization, and implementation of PCI DC special events.
- Act as Office Safety and Security Coordinator
- Provide logistical support to visiting PCI staff and other guests including hotel arrangements, office and DC orientation, etc.
- Facilitate scheduling of travel, logistical support and administration for special events, meetings, etc.
- Arrange domestic and foreign travel, lodging and related needs field staff visiting DC.
- Assist with arrangements for visas and other travel documentation as required.
- Serve as champion for Concur, a travel booking, and reimbursement system used internally.
Other tasks as assigned, including identifying and cultivating opportunities to develop skills and advance professional development.
Position Parameters/Special Responsibilities Required:
- May require overtime during peak periods.
- May require local travel.
- Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field preferred. Associate degree, advanced technical or specialty training and credentials may be substituted.
- 0-2 years of professional experience required, with a preference for at least one year of internship or professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to learn other software applications quickly.
- Excellent communication/coordination skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, including ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate actions, and use creative means to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Willingness to learn from and respond to constructive feedback.
- Ability to work as integral part of a team, taking guidance and input from a variety of staff.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, and use of communication applications (Skype, GoToMeeting, etc.).
- Positive attitude, passionate and hands-on about supporting and assisting colleagues.
- Composed and relaxed during high-pressure situations.
Degree of comfort level with office-wide IT systems such as conference room webcams and A/V equipment.
A passion for the mission and values of PCI Job Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular