UNICEF in Tashkent
Job no: 527615
Position type: Consultancy
School/Unit: Republic of Uzbekistan
Department/Office: Tashkent, Rep. of Uzbekistan
Categories: Supply/Logistics, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
UNICEF Uzbekistan Country Office seeks to hire a qualified mechanical/refrigeration engineer to develop technical specifications, and equipment list for refrigeration/cooling system, and assist UNICEF Uzbekistan in engaging with an experienced contractor to prepare detail design, procure and install the refrigeration/cooling system by complying with international/prevailing industry best practices and local environmental and safety standards.
Timeline & Deliverables:
- Develop the technical specifications equipment list and total estimated project cost with a breakdown for the equipment and installation costs as per architectural design of the cold chain store (20 working days).
- Identify and compile the list of refrigeration/cooling system services providers operating in Uzbekistan (5 working days).
- Develop technical evaluation criteria for evaluating the technical soundness of submitted proposals and assess the capacity of bidders. (5 working days)
- Participate in/support the technical evaluation of proposals and provide expert advice on the selection of most responsive and qualified bidder for contract award. (5 working days)
Required Qualifications and Areas of Expertise
- University degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in mechanical/refrigeration engineering or relevant technical area;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design and installation of cooling/refrigeration system for large warehouses/premises used as cold storage facilities for food, vaccines or other temperature sensitive products.
- Good command of Russian and/or Uzbek; knowledge of English is not mandatory but would be considered an asset.
UNICEF reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of the payment if performance is unsatisfactory, if deliverable(s) are incomplete, not finalized or for failure to meet deadlines. UNICEF will have the copyrights of all developed materials and ownership of the primary data collected through this assignment. The materials cannot be published or disseminated without prior written approval of UNICEF. UNICEF will be free to adapt and modify them in the future. The contractor must respect the confidentiality of the information handled during the assignment. Documents and information provided must be used only for the tasks related to these terms of reference.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Nov 05 2019 West Asia Standard Time
Application close: Dec 03 2019 West Asia Standard Time
Back to list Refer a friend
Send me jobs like these
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
Oops! Please check your email for errors!
Subscribe Recaptcha Privacy agreement
Closes Dec 03 2019
Re-advertisement: National consultancy: Refrigeration expert for the development of air cooling and refrigeration systems in Uzbekistan
Hiring of refrigeration/cooling engineering expert for the development of technical specifications and identification of equipment for the supply and installation of refrigeration/cooling system in Republic cold chain warehouses in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
Powered by PageUp
Full site © 2019 unicef