National Communication Coordinator (ECTAD)
Job Posting: 28/Nov/2019
Closure Date: 15/Dec/2019, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : FAVIE
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Viet Nam-Hanoi
Duration : 1 January – 30 July 2020.
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions. Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply. People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. With presently 194 member states, FAO works in more than 130 countries worldwide, including Vietnam where the Organization has operated since 1978. The current Country Programming Framework (CPF) for the period of 2017âÂ€Â‘2021 has four priority areas: (1) Increased food security with focus on alleviation of hunger, malnutrition and food safety concerns; (2) Sustainable development of the agriculture sectors, contributing to the national Green Growth and other strategies on improved natural resources management and environment protection; (3) New Rural Development and Sustainable Poverty Reduction; and (4) Enhanced resilience of communities to disasters and threats. The incumbent’s tasks will largely fall under the fourth priority area. The contract extension will be considered based on the consultant performance and fund availability.
The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Viet Nam, the direct supervision of ECTAD Senior Technical Coordinator of the Emergency Center for Transboundary Animal Disease (ECTAD) in Viet Nam. In regular consultation and coordination with the Regional Communication Officer, FAORAP, the incumbent shall ensure coherence with FAO’s corporate communication policy and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support and assist the Senior Technical Coordinator to deliver ECTAD programme in Vietnam;
- Provide technical advice to strengthen and support advocacy and risk communication in MARD by;
- Building relationships with mass media and coordinating with FAO and other development partners communications teams;
- Conducting activities to develop local capacity and strategy for risk communication;
- Coordinating and conducting activities to advocate for One Health issues including antimicrobial resistance, rabies and other zoonoses
- Provide editing service for reports and other documents in Vietnamese and translation if required
- Provide technical support and coordinate the implementation of One Health (OH) Coordination and Risk communication component under the EPT2 project
- Ensure coherence with corporate visibility and style guidelines for all communication and information outputs through regular contact with the Regional Advocacy and Communication Coordinator, FAORAP
- Provide technical inputs to reports, events, and support field missions as needed;
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master degree in a field related to public communication;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in health communication;
- Woking knowledge of English with excellent writing skills;
- Excellent computer skills: knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and email/internet software.
- National of Vietnam
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in working for development projects/international organizations/NGOs;
- Willingness to learn new things and share workload with colleagues when needed;
- Knowledge of FAO work in Vietnam.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT