UNICEF in Tashkent
Job no: 527605
Position type: Consultancy
School/Unit: Republic of Uzbekistan
Department/Office: Tashkent, Rep. of Uzbekistan
Categories: Supply/Logistics, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
UNICEF Uzbekistan Country Office seeks to hire an automotive engineer/technician to develop technical specifications for the procurement of minivans with an isothermal body, passenger (sedan) and four-wheel drive vehicles required for the establishment of an effective cold chain system. The technical specifications shall be developed in a manner that complies with WHO standards and specifications for vehicles used for the transportation of vaccines, global and local environmental standards, local safety standards, and local circumstances with regards to climate, road condition and fuel availability. Most importantly, specifications shall be developed in a way that selected vehicles can be sustainably maintained by partners.
Timeline & Deliverables:
1. Develop technical specifications and evaluation criteria for the procurement of minivans with an isothermal body in accordance with the requirements for transportation of vaccines – Technical specifications for initiation of a local tender – 5 working days.
2. Develop technical specifications and evaluation criteria for the procurement of passenger vehicles (sedans) intended for regular monitoring visits and in accordance with the needs of the Ministry of Health – Technical specifications for initiation of a local tender – 5 working days.
3. Develop technical specifications and evaluation criteria for the procurement of 4-wheel drive vehicles intended for access to hard-to-reach / remote areas of Uzbekistan and in accordance with the needs of the Ministry of Health – Technical specifications for initiation of a local tender – 5 working days.
4. Conduct market research and advise on the availability of vehicles and minivans with an isothermal body on the local market – List of companies (manufacturers and dealers) able to supply the vehicles in accordance with the specifications – 5 working days.
5. Facilitate the evaluation process of submitted proposals from suppliers – Review technical evaluation documents and provide input on the technical soundness of the proposals – 10 working days.
Total: 30 days
Required qualifications and areas of expertise
- College or university degree (associate or bachelor’s degree) in automotive engineering or closely related field;
- At least 10 years of experience in the automotive industry and/or fleet management;
- Experience in fleet management in the heath sector would be considered a strong asset;
- Good command of Russian and/or Uzbek; knowledge of English is not mandatory but would be considered a strong asset;
Procedures and Working Conditions
Consultant is expected to work remotely with regular contact and/or meetings with UNICEF and MOH representatives. The applicants shall be required to submit a statement of good health prior of commencement of work and to take full responsibility for the accuracy of that statement. Consultants are not eligible to participate in the life or health insurance available to UN staff members. Payment will be done by bank transfer in local currency at the UNICEF exchange rate at the date of transfer. Travel expenses will be paid according to UNICEF rules and regulations.
UNICEF reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory, if deliverable(s) incomplete, not finalized or for failure to meet deadlines. UNICEF will reserve copy right of all developed materials and own primary data collected through this assignment. The materials cannot be published or disseminated without prior written permission of UNICEF. UNICEF will be free to adapt and modify them in the future. The contractor must respect the confidentiality of the information handled during the assignment. Documents and information provided must be used only for the tasks related to these terms of reference.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Nov 04 2019 West Asia Standard Time
Application close: Dec 02 2019 West Asia Standard Time
Back to list Refer a friend
Send me jobs like these
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
Oops! Please check your email for errors!
Subscribe Recaptcha Privacy agreement
Closes Dec 02 2019
Re-advertisement: National automotive engineer to develop specifications for vehicles for procurement under the GAVI project in Uzbekistan
Development of technical specifications for the procurement of minivans with an isothermal body, passenger vehicles (sedans), and four-wheel drive vehicles for the effective implementation of the cold chain activities in Uzbekistan.
Powered by PageUp
Full site © 2019 unicef