OSCE – Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe in Bujanovac
Issued by: OSCE Mission to Serbia
Vacancy number: VNSRMS00614
Vacancy type: International Seconded
Field of expertise: Political Affairs
Functional level: Senior professional
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Bujanovac
Date of issue: 3 December 2019
Deadline for application: 14 January 2020 – 23: 59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Date of entry on duty: 16 March 2020
General Minimum Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
- First-level university education in international studies, public policy, political science or law or related fields
- Diplomatic experience or experience working in political affairs with international organizations or governments
- Experience in preparing analytical reports
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Knowledge of regional political history and developments
- Diplomatic and negotiating skills
- Some knowledge of the OSCE principles and commitments
Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First-level university degree in a relevant field
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
- Professional experience in the field of governance, public administration, political affairs, economics, democratization and/or rule of law;
- Experience in political analysis and reporting, and in dealing with sensitive political situations and issues;
- Professional fluency in the English language, both oral and written;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames;
- Willingness to travel frequently;
- Ability to operate windows applications, including word processing and e-mail.
- Knowledge and understanding of the regional political developments;
- Previous international work experience and/or experience in field missions in South Eastern Europe;
- Knowledge of Serbian and/or Albanian language(s).
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM) and direct supervision of the Deputy Head of Mission (DHoM), the incumbent manages the Office of the Head of Missions South Serbia Programme based in Bujanovac and acts as the focal point for political reporting and co-ordination of programmes in the municipalities of Bujanovac, Presevo and Medvedja. This position requires frequent travelling within the area of responsibility. In particular, the Municipal Co-ordinator is responsible for:
Maintaining close contact with the mayors / local authorities of Bujanovac, Presevo and Medvedja and with members of the Co-ordination Body for the Municipalities for Presevo, Bujanovac and Medvedja of the Government of the Republic of Serbia; Supporting local authorities in identifying their needs and priorities and communicating them to the OSCE and other international organizations; Monitoring, assessing and analyzing the political, security, and economic climate in the region through frequent meetings with all relevant local actors; attending local events, following the media and liaising with the international community; Establishing and maintaining close working relationships with local counterparts, as well as with international, governmental and non-governmental actors, and ensuring support for the implementation of OSCE projects; Designing, implementing and/or managing small-scale, quick-impact projects in the region of south Serbia; Liaising closely with relevant Mission staff and providing expertise and support to the Missions departments in carrying out activities; Managing the Office of the HoMs South Serbia Programme based in Bujanovac and supervising two national mission members; Performing other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Serbia, please see //www.osce.org/mission-to-serbia’>www.osce.org/mission-to-serbia.
Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the OSCE Competency Model available at: //jobs.osce.org/osce-competency-model’>https: //jobs.osce.org/osce-competency-model.
The OSCE retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment, to re-advertise the vacancy, to offer an assignment at a lower level or to offer an assignment with modified tasks and responsibilities or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.