CTG OverviewCTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.Overview of position
Under the overall direct supervision of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Programme Manager and overall supervision of Deputy Chief of Mission, the successful candidates will be responsible and accountable for the direct implementation of the IOM MHPSS activities under *“Health Promotion and Assistance for Migrants (MA)”*** project among other related tasks in Libya. Role objectives
- Conduct daily visits to detention centers (DCs) in order to assess the needs of migrants.
- Provide psychosocial support to the members of the migrant community living in the designated DCs.
- Make necessary referral to other units, programs and departments within IOM and to other stakeholders.
- Conduct a services mapping exercise in order to identify other units and stakeholders working to address the need of migrants in the relevant DCs.
- Liaise closely and coordinate with the health and protection teams working in the area. This includes planning of the weekly visits, meetings, workshops trainings and so on.
- Undertake all administrative and office related to ensuring the successful implementation of tasks and the project activities.
- When required, develop purchase Request Forms (PRFs), get necessary approval and liaise with other unit/programs/departments within IOM to ensure that all travel and venue booking is completed in time.
- Develop all necessary paper work and get necessary approval liaising with other unit/programs/departments within IOM to ensure that all arrangements for trainings to conducted in Tunis and Libya are being completed on time.
- Report any challenges and potentials hiccups in the process to the Programme Manager in a timely manner
- Support the programme manager in identifying capacity building opportunities in Libya for Civil Society Organizations and Government counterparts, develop training materials and contribute to the delivery of trainings if required (translation or leading sessions).
- Attend training sessions and document all process for processing approvals, authorisations maintaining up to date copies of all documents.
- Work on creating a system for proper documentation.
- Provide the programme manager with timely and accurate information of delivered activities and in compliance with IOM reporting formats and timeframes.
- Liaise with other IOM units in particular Protection in addition to VHR, Health and Technical Cooperation, Community Stabilisation and MRRM to guarantee a holistic approach to responses, management of identified cases and referral when necessary.
- Liaise with IOM partners, especially Civil Society Organizations and Government counterparts to ensure interventions are delivered in line with international guidelines and standards and IOM policies.
- Travel to any location as requested by the direct supervisor when/where necessary.
- Attend meetings – both programmatic and Technical on regular basis.
- Liaise closely with the MH professional so to better follow up on cases.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports documents all activities and services provided.
- Undertake any other duty as may be assigned by the PM. Project reporting
1) Staff should prepare a report after each activities (IOM template)
2) Pictures of the event should be shared by the staff Key competenciesThe incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies:
a) takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism; b) works effectively with all clients and stakeholders; c )promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly; d) takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management; e) plans work, anticipates risks and sets goals within area of responsibility; f) displays mastery of subject matter; g) contributes to a collegial team environment; h) creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA); i) incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation; j) displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; k) works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM l)good communication skills m)ability to work in a stressful environment.
a) Effectively applies knowledge of mental health and psychosocial issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level; b) maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work c) Skilled at developing culturally relevant psychotherapeutic interventions d) Demonstrated expertise and thorough knowledge on the practical application of the IASC Guidelines on MHPSS in Emergency Settings; e) knowledgeable on the psychosocial impact of forced displacement
• Graduate studies in Social, psychological or any other relevant fields such as Human Sciences, Public Health, etc.
• Proven experience in computer specifically report writing.
• At least 3 years of previous experiences in providing services to displaced populations, migrants, refugees or conflict affected populations.
• At least 2 years of previous experience in the fields of social work, psychology, public/community health, sociology program in emergency settings.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of UN and international agencies structures.
• Experience in capacity building activities and curriculum development is an advantage.
Team management : NA
To be advised.