Cereal Growers Association (CGA) a national farmer-based organization, is looking for an experienced Measuring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) professional. The MEL Manager is responsible for the overall M & E strategy execution. The MEL Manager leads in the development of organizational related M & E systems, tracking performance indicators, development of data collection/survey tools, data collection and analysis, timely and accurate reporting. They ensure effective monitoring and documentation of the outcomes and impact of CGA’s work and develop knowledge products to aid in continuous improvement in program execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The MEL Manager will function within the following key performance areas:
a. Measurement, Evaluation and Impact Assessment (MEIA)
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of the organization’s MEL strategy.
- Periodic review and update of the M & E plan, processes, and systems to ensure sustained effectiveness.
- Take lead in survey designs, data collection, analysis, and reporting, and supervision of any third parties contracted to undertake MEL related tasks.
- Provide analytical insights to aid in generation of reports and decision making.
- Track performance indicators and advise on timely corrective measures where needed to realise desired outcomes, impact, and sustainability.
- Monitor the quality, reliability, and relevance of collected data by harmonising definitions and metrics across programs and to perform verifications and validation exercises.
b. Learning and Knowledge Management:
- Develop the organization’s learning agenda, strategy, and promote cross-learning across programs.
- Collaboration with the communication team to generate and systematically disseminate knowledge products within and without the organization.
- Establish and maintain a knowledge management hub for the organisation.
c. Cross cutting tasks:
- Support the Business Development and Partnership team in designing cost- effective, innovative, and sustainable programs.
- Participate in field, site and sub agent visits for activity monitoring and feedback.
- Prepare monthly activity briefs to ensure consistency with organizational mandate.
- Organization and delivery of in-house MEL training for staff, and for partners.
- CGA promotes a dynamic and vibrant work environment and therefore specific duties may vary from time to time.
Relevant competencies, experience and skills:
- Excellent knowledge of MEL and Management Information Systems (MIS).
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally on development andutilization of appropriate tools, processes, and strategies.
- Strong ICT skills especially in using database software; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Excel and online data collection tools.
Skills and personal Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to lead and drive work streams from initiation to completion.
- Self-starter with an excellent ability to identify and serve needs with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organise and complete multiple tasks through prioritisation within established deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships within a network of staff and partners.
- Ability to consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to remain calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure, whilst demonstrating respect and helpfulness in relation to colleagues and partners.
- Innovative thinker with demonstrated openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Education & Experience:
1. University degree preferably in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness Management, Statistics, or any otherrelated discipline.
- At least 5 years relevant experience within a similar position and with demonstrable leadership experience in the design and implementation of MEL/MIS in development projects.
- Experience in the development of learning and knowledge management products.
- Experience in generating project reports, preferably within a development setting.
Workstation: Nairobi, with frequent field travel.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email contacts) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th April 2022. The position title should be clearly marked “MEL Manager” on the subject line of the Email.
Cereal Growers Association http://www.cga.co.ke is an equal opportunity employer.