Emergency health projects targeting displaced, war affected and vulnerable populations in NE Congo. Developmental typed projects aimed at long term and sustainable behaviour change in general population and state health employees to improve public health outcomes.
Workplace & Conditions
The position is based in Bunia, DR Congo. Take a look at Medair’s work in .
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months
Key Activity Areas
- Provide oversight and quality control of procurement generated by projects based in Beni and Bunia through regular reconciliation and reporting at local level.
- Support proposal team in the creation of Procurement Plans at project proposal stage as well as any other document that is donor-specific (see OFDA for instance).
- Responsible for ensuring spot-checks are properly conducted by all managers and that the spotcheck database is filled appropriately.
- Facilitate, alongside Goma Logistics, an effective and efficient coordination for the movement of goods.
- Responsible for managing all equipment / vehicles for catchment.
- Drive improvements in stock reporting accuracy for WASH, Health and Base inventories.
- Verify and archive physical inventories are conducted on a monthly basis and communicated.
- Capacity building staff in accurate reporting and stock management.
- Ensure loss reports are drafted and sent to the Logistics Manager.
- Responsible for implementation and upkeep of ODK and bar code-based stock management.
- Ensure that documentation is regularly sent to the final storage location.
- Ensure a clear and accurate reporting system is set up and maintained for all procurement paperwork.
- Ensure that all auditable logistics documents are backed-up and accessible.
- Maintain Waybills and Receipts of goods in support of GIK documentation.
- Focal point for all logs question in the course of an audit. Possibility of flying to Goma when auditors come to check catchment projects/grants.
- Maintain a supportive communication structure with colleagues to ensure they are kept informed of applicable logistical activities and requirements.
- Develop positive relationships with stakeholders, representing Medair and ensuring good partnerships.
Quality and Compliance
- Ensure logistic department s compliant with Medair guidelines, policies, and procedures, and adherent to any applicable donor guidelines.
- Ensure that Medair “cheat sheets” are up to date with latest donor information.
- Be aware of the potential for loss or fraud in logistical activities and procedures.
- Ensure all relevant staff receive training, advice, and coaching regarding logistical procedures.
- Ensure all equipment is accurately tracked through continuous update of equipment inventory list.
- Attend logistics related coordination meetings with other NGOs if needed.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Professional / vocational / technical qualification in a relevant field.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 2 years post-qualification professional experience.
- Work experience in logistics, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Able to make decisions. Can prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Competent with administrative tasks. Problem solving ability. Attention to detail.
- Quick learner with practical, precise approach.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner, respectful, accountable, honest.