Loan and Corporate Accounts Specialist, Washington
This is an internal opportunity. Only IDB staff and DTCs are eligible to apply for internal opportunities.
Loan and Corporate Accounts Specialist – 1900000916
Loan and Corporate Accounts Specialist
The Team: Within the Treasury Division, The Loan and Corporate Accounts Group executes processes related to the Loan back-office and Corporate Accounts Payable and Receivable.
Background: We are looking for someone who is dedicated, upbeat, and team-oriented to work in the Loan and Corporate Accounts Group and report to the Group Head.
What you’ll do:
- Execute billing and collection activities to ensure an accurate and timely delivery of statement and allocation of collections with minimum supervision, including monitoring of loan arrearages and enforcement of the Bank’s Procedure for Loans in Arrears.
- Act as Billing and Collections subject matter expert, representing the group in multidisciplinary teams to provide advice on system functionalities and financial terms for loan agreements.
- Perform research and analysis to improve processes, controls, outputs, and system functionalities related to the billing and collection functions.
- Prepare materials and provide technical guidance to more junior staff in the billing and collection function.
- Foster frequent and regular interactions with internal and external clients to identify, analyze and resolve systemic problems and/or introduce cost effective solutions to financial transactions processes through automation and integrated systems.
- Stay up to date with industry standards and best practices and recommend process and system enhancements accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and coordinate work.
- Provide support to off-shore office and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Maintain official reports and dashboards to ensure quality of data provided to clients.
- Identify and define system enhancements and participate in the development and implementation of new automated systems and reports.
- Education: You hold a Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. CFA or CPA are a plus.
- Experience: You have a minimum of 8 years of progressively more responsible experience in international public and/or private lending services, loan and multi-currency accounting, and in the preparation of financial information and reports with at least 4 years of experience in the international arena. Experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of financial transaction systems is highly desirable. Experience with shared service centers highly desirable.
- Language: You are fluent in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus.
- Systems: Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access is highly desirable as well as a good understanding of relational data bases.
Type of contract: Fixed Term Staff
Length of contract: 3 Years
Starting date: Q1 2020
Location: Washington DC
Requirements: You are a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the bank.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of development fields, including transportation, health, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
About us: At the Inter-American Development Bank, we’re devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48 member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
Primary Location: HQ-US-Washington DC
Job Posting: Nov 6, 2019, 5:00:00 AM
Closing Date: Nov 21, 2019, 4:59:00 AM
Contact Name – Internal: HR Shared Services