You are an experienced senior accountant and team manager, who has a depth of experience in driving balance sheet integrity and striving for continuous improvement in the accuracy and completeness of accounting records. You will also have a passion for developing and enhancing management reporting packs and other key reports for stakeholders within the organisation, whilst being a strong people manager.
You are a committed team member with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practice within your field of expertise and will challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with the Frontline AIDS vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers. You are comfortable working in a matrix management environment.
You will have strong communication skills to manage stakeholder expectations and be committed to fostering a high-performance culture. You will work with colleagues across the organisation thoughtfully to give real accountability and authority.
- Strategic Partner accounting
- Manages unrestricted grant activity with Frontline AIDS partners, ensuring reported costs are accounted for accurately, reviewed and reconciled in a timely manner and accurate cash disbursements processed on a timely basis. Liaises with key internal stakeholders including project teams and Heads of department to ensure granting is undertaken promptly and issues with partners are resolved efficiently.
- Manages the budget administration for strategic budgets, ensuring budgets are captured accurately and project teams are supported as required
- Financial Accounting and Reconciliation
- Oversees the timely and accurate completion of all balance sheet reconciliations, co-ordinating with all key finance team members and wider organisation stakeholders as required
- Oversees the integrity and accuracy of the core financial data in Business Central, ensuring any issues are followed up promptly
- Leads on embedding new operational and financial systems processes for a number of key business areas, working with key stakeholders within the Business Central systems improvement project team
- Leads the development of any other new financial processes required for effective operating of Frontline AIDS’ core accounting
- Line Management of Core Accounting Team
- Line manages Frontline AIDS core accounting function
- Ensures team members are managed effectively and supported to deliver high quality work
- Oversees all payments team work, ensuring that the payments team process and account for payments in accordance with the agreed service level targets for the function, balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely manner and issues with payments are investigated and resolved.
- Management Reporting
- Manages the preparation of monthly management accounts for Frontline AIDS internal stakeholders, working collaboratively with project teams as required. Identifies ways to improve the presentation and accuracy of the monthly management reporting pack, serving key stakeholders with succinct and valuable finance information
- Prepares other management reports as required, working with senior finance team members to serve key internal and external stakeholders.
- Developing the Frontline AIDS Culture
- Frontline AIDS cultural philosophy is that Action Makes the Difference. The attitudes and approach we take at work are guided by our organisational values – Freethinker, Inspired by Difference and Firestarter – and their associated behaviours. Knowing what is expected of us every day will help Frontline AIDS to be a great place to work.
- Strong commitment to the approach of Frontline AIDS to equality of opportunity, the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, and to supporting a workforce that reflects our globally diverse movement, and ensures our work is enhanced by a range of ideas on the issues and challenges we work on.
- Job City Cape Town