Follow this company
- Perform Laboratory investigations as per clinician’s request and ensure accurate, reliable and timely results.
- Maintain order and smooth flow of patients.
- Supervise the Kenyan and refugee incentive staff.
- Participate in in-service training and regular on bench refresher courses for Kenyan and refugee staff.
- Ensure that all relevant records are updated and maintained.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of laboratory reagents.
- Maintain Laboratory machines in good order- cleaning and covering after use.
- Ensure general laboratory cleanliness is maintained.
- Report any unusual statistics or observations to the laboratory in-charge.
- Ensure SOP’S are used at all times.
- Ensuring safety procedures in the laboratory are maintained.
- Preparing of stains, reagents and solutions necessary for all lab tests.
- Participate in the department planning and forecasting of laboratory supplies.
- Supervise laboratory incentive staff in collaboration with the senior lab technologist to ensure work is done properly.
- Countercheck all work done by incentive staff.
- In collaboration with the field HR, ensure adherence to HR policies to all incentive staff
- Ensure laboratory tests are performed accurately and timely
- Ensure revised SOP’s are used in all testing procedures.
- Ensure proper collection, packaging and transportation of laboratory samples to Nairobi hospital and/or other outsourced centre.
- Supervise the storage of laboratory reagents and cold chain system to avoid compromised reagents that may lead to false reporting.
Reporting and Coordination
- Ensure all laboratory reports are done on time and sent to HIS, CSM and other offices as may be indicated.
- Notify your supervisor and CSM on all investigations above the positive threshold.
- Report any laboratory incidents to the senior lab technologist.
- Carry out any other duty assigned by your supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Quality of lab services- reliable and timely.
- Cleaning and orderliness of the work place
- FIFO and FEFO application in stock management
- Training of lab assistants course and other CME
- Timely reporting.
- Diploma in medical laboratory sciences.
- MUST be registered by KMLTTB.
Required Experience & Competencies
- 2 years experience in clinical laboratories.
- Experience working with non profitable organization
- Flexibility at work.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Team player
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Application deadline 3rd January, 2020.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.
You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Medical Laboratory Technologists III, Job Group CPSB 11 (28 Posts)
Senior Laboratory Technical Advisor