AIIB HQ Beijing
Investment Officer/Senior Investment Officer – Energy
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 100 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.
AIIB’s nonsovereign-backed financing operations provide debt/equity/structured products to subsovereign entities, corporates or special purpose vehicles set up for projects. Investment Operations 2 focuses on the energy and urban infrastructure sectors. AIIB is recruiting professionals with sound infrastructure financing experience in commercial/investment banks, consulting organization or multilateral agencies to augment its private sector investment team.
The specific responsibilities of this position cover all aspects of origination, execution and client relationship management in relation to the products being offered. As a result, the specialist/senior specialist will need to work closely with other departments in AIIB.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, evaluate, develop potential investment opportunities and maintain a strong project pipeline for the relevant sectors/geographies by interacting with clients, governments, other financing institutions (commercial banks, multilateral agencies, PE funds, export credit agencies, intermediaries, etc).
- Manage and provide leadership throughout AIIB’s due diligence and approval process, ensuring key economic, financial, technical, legal, environmental and social issues are considered and mitigants are incorporated in the financing structure and legal documentation. The specialist/senior specialist should be able to lead the team effectively for overall delivery of approvals and documentation in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 5-8 years (for Officer; 8-10 years for Senior Officer) in the field of infrastructure finance gained at a commercial/investment bank, international financial institution or top-tier consultancy.
- Extensive experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across products using debt, mezzanine, guarantees, etc. Experience in structuring equity investments would be an advantage.
- Candidates should possess a master’s degree in business, finance, economics or other relevant subjects.
- Strong analytical, credit and financial modeling skills.
- Strong organizational ability and excellent written and oral communications skills as well as good interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English is a must. Experience in Asian or other emerging markets and knowledge of a local language would be an advantage.
- Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Experience and qualifications will determine the level at which the successful candidate will enter AIIB.