Reference Number: 190710
: Department: Private Sector Operations Department
Division: Portfolio Management Division, PSOD
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2019
Closing Date: Friday, January 31, 2020 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:’Delivering Development Impact through PSOD Equity Investments (Direct/Private).’
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Assist in deal monitoring and portfolio management
- Undertake a review of equity portfolio (esp. the underperforming) to develop lessons learnt analysis
- Develop consistent valuation approaches/ methodologies across the Equity portfolio
- Examine and propose improvements to the equity portfolio monitoring process
PSOD is a dynamic and fast movibg business with many change projects ongoing at any one time. Therefore the potential Internship project listed above is subject to change and business needs at the time of Internship. From PSPM perspective, replacement projects would likely be across topics such as: Improving Corporate Governance in Investee Companies, Economic Capital measurement and use as a planning tool, Portfolio data, systems & analysis, Portfolio risk distribution, Loan documentation & covenants- risk based guide to what to include in individual loan agreements driven by deal characteristics.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8-16 weeks
- Timing: June 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:Equity Valuation
- Consistent valuation methodology across ADB in Equity valuations.
- Preparation of written guidelines on valuation methodology (jointly with ADB staff and/or consultants).
- Review of the lessons learnt from some of the underperforming investments
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Finance, Accounting or related field.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:Prior private equity, financial advisory, investment or commercial banking experience preferred. Has to be analytical, detail oriented, and able to efficiently multi-task.
An ability to work as part of a team and across departmental boundaries is essential.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the ‘Attachments’ section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).