Reference Number: 190712
: Department: Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department
Division: Partner Funds Division
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2019
Closing Date: Friday, January 31, 2020 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:’Review of closed single-partner trust funds and their contribution to ADB operations.’
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:The intern is expected to assess the developmental effectiveness of single-partner trust funds that were closed in recent years. The final output of the intern is a rapid review of grants and technical assistance supported by the trust funds vis a vis ADB’s strategic priorities at the time of implementation.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8-12 weeks
- Timing: June 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:– Evaluation of a single closed trust fund/ Comparative evaluation of some closed trust funds- Rapid assessment of the outcomes of the TF-funded grants and TAs, including geographic and sector trends – A summary of lessons learned from activities supported by these single-partner funds
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Public Policy/ Economics.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:– Be familiar with relevant literature particularly on development finance- Possess an excellent command of English with strong writing and analytical skills – Relevant research/work experience with written outputs (preferred but not required)
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the ‘Attachments’ section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).