Reference Number: 190706
: Department: Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department
Division: Economic Analysis and Operational Support Division
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2019
Closing Date: Friday, January 31, 2020 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:’Assisting ADB impact evaluation studies.’
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:The intern will be assigned to one impact evaluation study based on the needs of the on-going ADB impact evaluation studies at the time of hiring and the skills and research interests of the intern. The assignment will consist of generating a study proposal, conducting literature review, data analysis, and report writing for the assigned study. It is expected that the intern will produce a draft paper under the guidance of the ADB staff of the assigned study team by the end of the internship and will continue involved in the project until the publication of at least one ADB report.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8-13 weeks
- Timing: June 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:Under the guidance of the ADB staff of the assigned team, the intern is expected to
- develop a research proposal which will use data of the assigned impact evaluation study,
- conduct literature review, data analysis, and report writing for the assigned study,
- complete a draft paper, and
- present the paper in a seminar
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in in development economics or relevant social science fields.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive knowledge of econometric and statistical approaches
- Experience in conducting impact evaluation studies
- Proficiency in statistical and mathematical programming software such as STATA
- Has excellent writing and presentation skills
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the ‘Attachments’ section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).